This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Warmer weather is finally upon us, which means longer days to spend time in the sun. These six playlists are perfect for any sunny day whether you’re walking to class, laying out by the pool or driving with the windows down.

1. Roadtrip Singalong

Spring semester is all about weekend trips to the beach, and this ten hour playlist will keep the whole car entertained on the way there and back. Ranging from oldies by Britney Spears, Maroon 5 and the Backstreet Boys to current hits by Imagine Dragons and Zedd, even the one person in the car that has a specific taste in music will find songs to jam to. Make sure to play the Beatles’ classic “Here Comes the Sun” because it’s a must while driving by the coast.

2. Get Happy!

Need an instant mood booster? This is the ultimate playlist of upbeat throwbacks and energetic top hits. “Play That Song” by Train, “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison and “Classic” by MKTO show how diverse this playlist is. Also, can’t forget about every girl’s anthem “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper. This is one of those playlists you can hit shuffle on and still enjoy every song.

3. Wild + Free

The best way to describe this playlist is upbeat singer-songwriter. Does the warm weather have you daydreaming about traveling across the world? “Mykonos” by Fleet Foxes will make you want to book a flight to Greece right away. If you aren’t familiar with Johnnyswim, go give “Don’t Let It Get You Down” a listen because it will have you getting up to dance. Vance Joy says, “no ray of sunshine’s ever lost” in his song “Saturday Sun,” which perfectly describes the mood as the dreary, cold days begin to fade. 

4. Hot Country

It’s hard living in the south without hearing country music, especially when the days get longer and sun gets stronger (potential lyrics for a new hit?). “Written in the Sand” by Old Dominion, Keith Urban’s new single “Parallel Line” and LANCO’s newest “Born to Love You” are several songs that are on this playlist. Of course, anything Thomas Rhett is worth listening to, but “Unforgettable” will especially make you in the mood for warm weather.

5. Sunshowers

This playlist is different to others on the list, but worth checking out. The combination of calming tones and upbeat rhythms is perfect for laying poolside with a nice book. “Harvest Moon” by Poolside and “Stranger Still” by Vetiver will have you wishing for time in the sun .

6. Summer Throwback

Want to have the best throwback playlist for the next time you’re with your friends at the beach? Songs like “Hips Don’t Lie” by Shakira, Christina Aguilera’s “Genie in a Bottle” and Gwen Stefani’s “Hollaback Girl” bring back all the childhood nostalgia. Listening to this playlist will have you “Walking on Sunshine” just like Katrina and the Waves sings.

It might be sad to pack away your favorite chunky sweaters, but spring is upon us so it’s time to embrace the warmer days, order an iced latte and listen to one of these upbeat playlists. One perk of Spotify is that all of these playlists can be accessed for free with limited commercials, but the unlimited version is only five dollars a month for college students. So, grab your headphones and get your jam on. #collegelife #studentdiscounts #ftw

Kenna Coe

South Carolina

Bri Hamlin

South Carolina '19

Hello, it's Bri (to the tune of Adele please). I am a senior at USC Columbia and am not currently thirty, flirty, and thriving, but twenty-one, anxious, and trying will sure do.