6 Movies to Watch on a Chilly Night In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Even though we’re living in ~famously hot~ Columbia, we still get those days that make us want to spend the whole day covered in a pile of blankets, eating popcorn, and watching movies. Skip the lengthy debate over what to watch with this handy list that’s perfect for whatever mood you’re in. 

13 Going on 30

The best type of movie to watch when it’s cold are the ones that give you all the warm and fuzzies. No movie succeeds at making us feel satisfied in the place that we’re in quite like 13 Going on 30. Watching Jenna realize who the love of her life is and getting her happy ending will warm even the coldest heart.

Lilo and Stitch

Our hearts never feels as warm as they do when we’re watching a Disney movie, and nothing beats the classics. What better way to spend a chilly night than watching your fave Hawaiian movie? Nostalgia is, like, the warmest feeling in existence, and Lilo and Stitch will def deliver. 

Titanic

There’s nothing colder than watching Jack sacrifice himself for Rose, amirite? This movie is truly a classic, and perfect for a long night curled up in bed. Though if you have a cruise lined up for spring break, you may wanna skip this flick. 

Eight Below

This movie follows a team of Good Boys who brave Antarctica after their owners face an accident and bad weather separating them. Watching the sled dogs and their humans brave the freezing cold will have you saying, “yeah, I’m cold, but at least I’m not THAT cold.” 

Get Out

This is definitely the “one of these things is not like the others” of this list, but if you’re in the mood for something scary, Get Out delivers. It’s great for a cold night because the plot is chilling and will keep you on the edge of your seat, even if you’ve seen it before. 

I, Tonya

Movies about figure skating need to be watched when it’s cold outside, we don’t make the rules. If you want a movie with beautifully executed figure skating scenes combined with the drama that we all love? Add in amazing acting and you’ve got a great movie night.

Grab your fuzzy socks and pop your popcorn, it’s movie night!

Jenna Cameron

South Carolina '21

Jenna is a social work major with a minor in criminal justice at the University of South Carolina. She is a sophomore and this is her first year writing for Her Campus.
Katie Graybill

South Carolina '20

Katie is a journalism student at the University of South Carolina. She loves the beach, traveling, writing, and spending time with her pets!