This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

A perfect friendsgiving is easier than it looks. Here’s some pro-tips to make your special dinner go smoothly. 

Make it a potluck

The pressure of friendsgiving should never fall on one person. When every person makes a dish to share with everyone, you get a huge, varied meal, while only dishing out one dish of effort.

Set up a cute atmosphere

A friendsgiving dinner isn’t special just because of the food. It’s one of the last chances we get to celebrate the cozy fall atmosphere before it’s Christmas time. So bring out the pumpkins! 

Stay in the moment (but take lots of pictures) 

You only get so many friendsgiving opportunities before you or your college friends graduate and, likely, see each other less. Keep it memorable by staying in the present and keeping off Instagram, but don’t forget to snag a few pictures! 

Be inclusive

Friendsgiving is about gratitude, and leaving someone out is definitely taking them for granted. Make sure you include your friends with special dietary needs by making sure there will be something for everyone.

Don’t stress

Don’t set impossible standards for the food or look of your friendsgiving. Things might not turn out perfect, but try to enjoy yourself no matter what! 

Final step: Talk about how full you all are… then go back for dessert! 

Brooke Lindley

South Carolina '22

Brooke is a student at the University of South Carolina Honors College. She studies psychology, English, and theatre. She enjoys singing in University Chorus and participating in service with the sorority Epsilon Sigma Alpha. You can find her on Instagram @brookehope.
Katie Graybill

South Carolina '20

Katie is a journalism student at the University of South Carolina. She loves the beach, traveling, writing, and spending time with her pets!