5 Reasons Why Spring is Arguably the Best Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Well, everyone, we have officially made it through winter. Although winter in South Carolina may be a bit milder than that of the northern states, it still is horrible. Spring is finally here, and, yes, we all may want to skip to summer, but we want to let you in on a few reasons why spring is arguably the best of the four seasons.

1. Warm but not too warm.

Spring is the perfect neutral that we all love, and the first signs of warmth again that it brings is the best part about the whole season. Finally, you can walk outside without layers of clothing, but you aren’t sweating through layers as you do in the summer.

2. Fresh flowers!

Don’t know about you guys, but seeing flowers bloom instantly brightens our moods. Tulips, daisies, whatever flower it is is worth smiling about. The grass is coming back, the world is becoming colorful again–what more could you want?

3. Spring break

Spring semester may not be the most fun, but spring break is. Whether you are going home or heading off for the adventure of a lifetime, spring break comes at the perfect point in the semester. You leave drained and come back motivated and refreshed.

4. Daylight Savings Time – our personal favorite.

No one wants to spend all day in class only to have 2 hours of daylight left when they’re done. Now we have hours upon hours of daylight, so much so that it seems to only be dark when I’m about to go to sleep.

5. Baby animals!

Spring means an influx of puppies, kittens, baby animals at the zoo, and an abundance of every other furry creature in between. It is the perfect time to get out to your local zoo, enjoy the sunshine, and see some cute new little ones!

Take a moment, appreciate the new beginnings spring has, and finish out the semester strong ladies!

Abby Davies

South Carolina '22

U of SC '22. Public Health major.
Katie Graybill

South Carolina '20

Katie is a journalism student at the University of South Carolina. She loves the beach, traveling, writing, and spending time with her pets!