5 Halloween Costumes You’ll Want to Do With The Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Unless you tend to love wearing individual costumes, the question of what you and your friends will do for Halloween is always up in the air when spooky season comes around. It can be hard to agree on ideas so to make you and your friends’ lives easier, here are some cute costume ideas that will make you all feel and look iconic. 

The Cheetah Girls

When it comes to a fun throwback, the Cheetah Girls is the way to go. You and your friends can strut in these easy DIY costumes. Just get matching jumpsuits and cheetah headbands from anywhere, like Etsy or Amazon.

Mean Girls

Did you really think we would make a list of iconic girl gang costumes and not include Mean Girls? These costumes are pretty easy and you could find most of these items at any clothing store. But, of course any group costume from an iconic movie like Mean Girls works. 

Disney Princesses

A perfect costume for a bigger group can be the Disney princesses. Since there are so many to choose from nowadays, you and your friends can go with OG princesses like Cinderella or Belle or go with newer ones like Moana or Elsa. 

Spice Girls

With the 90’s coming back, we have to include one of our favorite group costume ideas-The Spice Girls. The Spice Girls have a range of outfits to choose from too, making things easier so you are not stuck with just one particular outfit that could be hard to find. 

Hocus Pocus Witches

Since it’s spooky season, the Sanderson sisters had to be included in our list of iconic group costumes. If you really want you and your friends to do a group costume that will definitely get you into the spooky spirit, the Sanderson sisters’ outfits are the perfect attire.

Start prepping now so you’re not scrambling on Halloween trying to find an outfit! Be creative and have fun with your girlfriends!

Ashley Flint

South Carolina '23

I am a journalism major at the University of South Carolina. I used to do competitive dance up until coming to college and I'm also a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma. I love my two dogs and am a coffee addict and am always down to binge watch Netflix.
Katie Graybill

South Carolina '20

Katie is a journalism student at the University of South Carolina. She loves the beach, traveling, writing, and spending time with her pets!