4 Workout Classes That Will Get You Bikini-Ready for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Spring break is less than two weeks away– literally six weeks (40 days) from now, so if you’re like me, and planning on going somewhere warm, it might be time to turn your workouts up a notch. Not sure how? Here’s a list of classes you need to try to get your heart pumping.

1. Fit Columbia’s Morning Bootcamp

If you’re looking for a fun way to start your morning, look no further. Fit Columbia (2002 Blossom St.) hosts an early morning bootcamp class every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6 to 7 a.m. taught by one of their trainers, Heather Cooper. The hour-long session includes cardio and circuits; the perfect combination for torching body fat. This class is worth the early morning start, trust us. $12 to drop-in, $10 per class for a 6 session class pack and $8 per class for a 12 session class pack.

2.Sweat Indoor Cycling

Sweat’s Hip Hop Wednesday spin class (1125 Lady St.) is perfect for Columbia’s music lovers. Similar to the studio’s other 45-minute spin sessions, this class boasts a high intensity workout that gets your heart rate up, but with a twist. The playlist for the ride is comprised of trending hip hop songs, so you can expect to “turn up and burn calories.” If you’re new to Sweat, the first class is free, and there are special deals for new client packages, so there’s no excuse to miss out on trying a class. Unlimited membership- $125/class, 4-class pack- $59, 6-class pack- $89 and 10-class pack- $229.

3. Drop-In Circuit Boxing Class at 9 Round

If you have a busy schedule with little time to set aside for working out, 9 Rounds (650 Lincoln St.) might be the class you’re looking for. Plus, if you’re anywhere near the business school, the studio is less than a five minute walk . Each “class” is 30 minutes long, and different each day, taking you through a new 9-round circuit of both floor work and boxing sets everytime you stop in. So, grab a friend and pair of gloves, and work your stresses away. Class prices vary.

4. Pure Empower at Pure Barre Columbia

It’s true what they say, the best workouts are the ones that combine strength with cardio. Pure Barre’s (2123A Greene St.) Pure Empower class is the best of both worlds, consisting of barre-based moves that are high intensity, low impact; which is perfect for toning. Bikini season is right around the corner! Classes vary, beginner’s class month offered; first month of unlimited classes $99.

Don’t wait for Spring Break to sneak up on you; try these classes. If you do, tag us, @hcsouthcarolina, to let us know.

Lexi Hill

South Carolina '18

Lexi is a senior at the University of South Carolina studying multimedia journalism. After graduation, she hopes to move to the city where she can pursue a creative career and grow old with her pet pug.