4 Cheap Holiday Drinks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Nothing says holidays like a festive drink, but let’s get real here, it’s not like we have the money to shell out money for $15 drinks all the time. Realistically, you’ll probably use whatever alcohol is the cheapest and hope for the best. But we’re here to change that around with a list of some delicious drinks that will save you money to spend on Christmas gifts.

Chocolate Peppermint Shots

This simple, yet festive shot tastes just like a York peppermint patty. All you need is peppermint schnapps and some chocolate syrup. Step one: take shot. Step two: chase with chocolate syrup. Yup, it’s that simple.

“The Christmas Cookie”

This is perfect because it lets you use the rest of the peppermint schnapps (if you didn’t already finish it). Here’s the recipe for this grown up version of cookies and milk:

• 1 ounce peppermint schnapps
  • 1 ounce Kahlua
  • 1 ounce Irish Cream

Mix all three ingredients with ice then strain into a glass and you’re ready to go.

Mistletoe

This drink’s name not only works because it looks kind of like mistletoe, but also because it probably has the same effect. Here’s the recipe:

• 1 ounce Vodka
  • 2 ounces cranberry juice
  • splash of lime juice
  • splash of seltzer

Mix the vodka, cranberry and lime juice together, pour over ice and then top with seltzer.

“Winter Bourbon Smash”

This is for anyone who loves multi-purpose ingredients. You can use the jam required for this drink on your toast tomorrow morning too; it’s a win-win!

Check out the recipe from the Minimalist Baker.

These drinks are exactly what you need to get in the holiday spirit!

Reilly Tuccinard

South Carolina

Reilly Tuccinard is a University of South Carolina graduate with a love of writing, reading and learning. After spending two years as the Beauty Editor for Her Campus Media and the Editor-in-Chief of HC South Carolina, she is focusing on a career in creative strategy. Friends will tell you she's a a self-proclaimed Grey's Anatomy addict, she can't just watch a movie once and she is a firm believer in anything and everything chocolate.