155 Countries Making Moves to Save the Earth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

This Earth Day, the United Nations is making history.

World leaders from 155 countries are meeting at the UN headquarters in NYC today to sign the Paris Agreement that was agreed upon in December 2015.

Don’t know what the Paris Agreement is? For short, it’s the biggest climate change deal that has been made so far.

The goal of the Paris Agreement is for each country to pass less greenhouse gas, and slow the rise of global temperatures over time. If signed today, each country would have to come up with an outlined plan on how they will make these changes.

What better way to celebrate Earth Day than 155 countries making a pledge to save our environment?!

Kristina Zagame

South Carolina

Born and raised right outside the great city of Boston. Senior at the University of South Carolina. Major: Broadcast Journalism. Minor: Sport and Entertainment Management. Interests include traveling, storytelling, and trying to squeeze in naps. Biggest pet peeve: being told, "no." Instagram & Twitter: @kzagame GO COCKS!