10 Reasons Why President Pastides Is the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

President Harris Pastides is easily one of the most beloved people on campus. So in honor of his decade of greatness as president of USC, we put together a list of 10 reasons why President Pastides is the absolute best.

1. He Sends Us Heartfelt Letters

Every time something important is happening around campus, whether it’s the start of a new semester, an NCAA national championship, exams or even a tragedy, President Pastides sends out a heart-felt letter to the students and faculty via email. They always feel super personal and are the best pep talks ever.

2. He’s the King of Selfies

President Pastides is always down to take a selfie. He encourages students to stop him and ask for a selfie whenever they see him. He even added “Take a selfie with President Pastides” to the USC Bucket List.

3. He Advocates for Us

President Pastides is committed to making every student’s time at USC the best possible experience. He cares about the issues that affect us. He talks to us and advocates for us.

4. He and Mrs. Moore-Pastides Are Total Couple Goals

His relationship with his wife, Mrs. Patricia Moore-Pastides, is easily one of the most precious and pure things ever. He even called her bae in #UofSC Millennial Vocabulary 101, and we are all hearteyes over the cuteness.

5. He Speaks Our Language

If you watched the video, then you already know that President Pastides is super up to date with millennial vocabulary. Okay, so maybe he had some help, but he could have fooled us.

6. He Let Us Pick Out His Garnet and Black Car

Every university president gets to pick a new car when starting the job. Instead of picking something fancy, Pastides let the students pick, and he ended up with a cool, eco-friendly garnet and black Mini Cooper.

7. He Brings Snacks to the Library

President Pastides and Mrs. Moore-Pastides are known to pop up with snacks in T Coop during finals week when everyone is stressing. They pass them out to students with a smile and a pep talk, and suddenly that exam doesn’t seem like the actual end of the world.

8. He is the Biggest Gamecocks Sports Fan

President Pastides goes to a ton of games, and he is super supportive on social media. He gets just as excited as we do.

9. He Brought Us Pizza 

In 2014, we hosted College Gameday on the Horseshoe. Students camped out on the Horseshoe all night, so President Pastides ordered pizzas for everyone because he’s just that kind of guy.

10. He Loves Us and We Love Him

President Pastides genuinely cares for the students here and goes out of his way to show it every single day. We really could not ask for a better university president.

Like he says in the video, President Pastides slays all day. He is truly one of a kind, and we love him for it. What are some of the reasons why you love President Pastides? Let us know in the comments below.

Katie Milewski

South Carolina

Katie is a senior public relations student at the University of South Carolina. She loves traveling, corgis and chocolate chip cookies probably more than the average person. 
SC Contributor

South Carolina