10 Drinks for Your Next Pool Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Got summer on your mind? Here at HCSC, we know we do.  Plan out the perfect pool day and fill your cooler with these fun drinks to celebrate the warm weather and the fact that you survived another semester. Enjoy!

Individual Sangria Jars

Grab some mason jars and get ready for the perfect, portable summer drink. Fill each jar with your fav fruits (like lemons, strawberries, blackberries) and add ½ cup of white wine and 1 Tbs. of rum.  Leave it in the fridge for a few hours and top it off with some ice and lemon-lime soda!

Raspberry Lemonade + Malibu

Raspberry lemonade AND coconut? This combo will make your overcrowded apartment pool feel like a white sand beach in the Caribbean. 

Hawaiian Mimosas

Mimosas, AKA the one drink that you can justify consuming before 10 a.m. … what’s not to love about them? Switch up your mimosa routine by swapping out your O.J. for some pineapple juice. Top it off with a fresh piece of pineapple and voilà – your classic mimosa transformed.   

Poolside Punch

For a pitcher, add a 1.5 L bottle of Pink Moscato, 2 cups of Strawberry Lemonade Vodka, a 2 L bottle of sprite and 2 sliced limes. This drink is light and refreshing and the perfect choice for a day at the pool.

~Adult~ Cherry Limeade

A boozy twist on a childhood favorite. Combine cherry vodka with lime juice and a couple Maraschino cherries and top it off with lemon-lime soda. 

Mixed Berry Vodka Spritzer

Refreshing AND low-calorie? Absolutely. For this guilt-free drink, combine your favorite vodka with seltzer, a drop of Dasani Strawberry Kiwi flavor and a handful of berries.  

Grapefruit Tequila Slammer

For another drink that will make you feel like you’re lounging in the tropics, make a cocktail with tequila, grapefruit juice and Sprite. Pucker up!

Dragonade

Fireball + Lemonade- don’t knock it till you try it!

Shark Bite

Combine coconut rum with pineapple juice and top with a splash of blue curacao for the perfect pool-day cocktail.

Tequila Sunrise

Why bother waking up at the crack of dawn when you could just see a sunrise in your glass? This simple recipe only calls for a combination of tequila, orange juice, and cherry grenadine.  Beautiful and delicious. 

Try these fun drinks to switch up your usual summer beverages.  Who knew drinking could be fun and delicious? 

Katie Graybill

South Carolina '20

Katie is a journalism student at the University of South Carolina. She loves the beach, traveling, writing, and spending time with her pets!
Bri Hamlin

South Carolina '19

Hello, it's Bri (to the tune of Adele please). I am a senior at USC Columbia and am not currently thirty, flirty, and thriving, but twenty-one, anxious, and trying will sure do.