This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

When I was assigned the topic “What Her Campus Means to Me” for this week’s article, I knew immediately that it would be inordinately sentimental. Sorry, I’m a Cancer, we’re quite an emotional group.

To me, Her Campus represents a community of smart, thoughtful, passionate girls who love to write and share their thoughts about issues and events that they care about, and I love that I am a part of it.

I love writing for Her Campus. I love to write, and with a heavy course load and stressful schedule, most of the writing I get to do is school assignments that I feel a lot of pressure to get a good grade on. Writing for Her Campus is one of the least stressful things I do each week, because there is no grade attached to my writing, and therefore less pressure for my writing to be “perfect.” I also appreciate having the opportunity to write about a topic of my choosing, rather than whatever the assigned topic is. As much as I enjoy the challenge of writing a ten page literary analysis paper, sometimes I just want to write about a current event I have lots of feelings about, or movies or TV shows I like, or organization advice.

In addition to just enjoying the opportunity to write, I appreciate having published writing in my portfolio. Since I am graduating in May, I’m glad that I have published work that I can show potential employers. After writing for Her Campus for a year now, I have dozens of articles published, and since Her Campus is a national organization, these articles carry a different type of prestige than the articles I have written for the school newspaper.

I love the Sonoma State chapter of Her Campus at least as much as I love the writing itself. I really love and admire our group of intelligent, creative, and compassionate young women, who are all talented writers and good friends. I enjoy our chapter meetings because they give us the opportunity to not only discuss that week’s articles and events, but to check in with each other and catch up with what is happening in everyone’s lives. Everyone is so supportive of everyone else in the group, and our chapter is small enough that everyone can get to know each other personally, not just as a byline on articles.

I have really loved being a part of Her Campus over the past year. After graduation, I will miss writing for this organization that offers a venue for college women to share their thoughts and stories with each other, and the friends that writing for Her Campus has given me.

Hello, my name is Charlotte! I am an English and Communications major here at Sonoma State, which means that I am pretty much always reading or writing something. I love reading articles posted here on Her Campus, so I am thrilled to have the opportunity to be one of the people who gets to write articles for the site. Aside from writing, I love reading, politics, Netflix, Disney princess movies, the word lovely and the color pink. Thank you very much for reading! all my love, charlotte
Contributor account for HC Sonoma