This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

When a boy can’t be a man, a girl may think it’s her fault.  We ask ourselves “why?” too much.  We think there’s something we can do to change, but that’s where we’re wrong.  Here’s a spoiler alert for all the girls out there…guys are unpredictable.  I know, shocker right?  Teenage boys don’t know what they want, and they get scared easily.  The same thing goes for girls sometimes, but I assume it hurts less for the guy when a girl suddenly changes her mind about something.  I’ve wondered for a long time if there’s any way to fix this, and the answer is most likely no.  I’m sure we’d all like to know what boys are thinking, or what they might do in a certain situation, but we can’t even get that out of them.  I think girls don’t get enough credit for appreciating the truth.  People tend to think that if a guy tells a girl what he’s actually feeling that she will break down or never talk to the guy again and feel hurt by him, when in reality (at least in my experience) I’d like to know if you actually like me and enjoy me as a person physically and emotionally before I even think about taking my shirt off for you.  It’s always hard to know if guys have the right intentions.  Luckily I haven’t done too many things I regret, but there are definitely a few things I could’ve done different when it came to guys I was into.  

I’ve learned in the last few years that all it takes to mean the world to someone, is a moment of realness.  Undeniable pure truth from another human is the most beautiful thing I can think of other than a sunset on the beach when the clouds are a perfect mix of orange, pink, and purple, or taking a drive down a back road that leads you to nowhere.  That’s all it takes to get to most people, being nothing but real and unapologetic for who you are.  Sometimes the other person will share with you too; then it’s your turn to listen and decide if it’s coming from their heart or somewhere else just to get to you.  I don’t like regret because for me it leads to anger, mostly directed towards myself.  But I don’t have anything to be angry at myself for.  Isn’t it crazy what people do to us?  And how much of us we think someone else deserves just because they open up to us?  I’ve fallen victim to many people because of 3 AM honesty and it’s a beautiful feeling.  The honesty I mean, not being someone’s victim.  It mostly happens when I open up to guys.  A good chat about ourselves leads to a quiet moment, and their curiosity and confidence wastes no time and the next second we’re opening up to each other in more ways than one.  It’s always the same.  I never thought I was that special.  But I guess they thought I was special enough to kiss and never talk to again.  Spoiler alert…that’s the shit that can wreck a girl, but you’d never know.

Second year at SSU. Hobbies of mine include Photography, Writing, and Singing in the shower.
Contributor account for HC Sonoma