This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Rainy days, either you love them or you hate them. Some people love going out in the rain and splashing in puddles but some people enjoy staying indoors under a blanket with a mug of coffee or tea by their side. Here are some ideas for activities both kinds of people will enjoy!

Outside Tag/Hide n Go Seek

If you love going outdoors when it’s raining, grab some friends who also enjoy the rain and play a game of either Tag or Hide n Go Seek. You’ll be running around and having fun, you might not even notice yourself getting drenched in water. Plus, it’ll make you feel like you are in elementary all over again!

Hikes

I’ve been on a hike when it was a bit rainy and muddy. It wasn’t my cup of tea but for my friend that loves the outdoors more than I do, this hike was one of her favorites. There are many hikes around Sonoma county. http://sonomahikingtrails.com/ is a great website if you aren’t already aware of the hiking trails. Grab a friend and go on an outdoor adventure.

Coloring Therapy

If you enjoy being indoors in the rain, coloring therapy might be for you. I have a copy myself that I purchased at Target for about five dollars, but a quick search on Amazon can lead you to other great copies. Just search “color therapy” and choose which book is for you. On days where I want to be alone and want a bit of introvert time, I’ll turn on some music, and bring out my markers and coloring book. It is one of the most relaxing activities and it also helps clear the mind. Try this on the next rainy day and send us pictures of your art work!

Easy Bakes!

Nothing is better than the smell of baking cookies or cupcakes and it makes your house warm and cozy too! If you’re not the best at baking, try an instant box recipe where all you need to do is add water, eggs, and oil. One of my favorite desserts to bake are cupcakes from a box recipe, because they are half the effort of baking them from scratch and they taste as good as other cupcakes. Strawberry is my favorite, but if you’re feeling a bit wild try mixing two different box recipes to create a marble cake or cupcake! If you want to try baking from scratch, Pinterest has plenty of recipes and easy tutorials for you to follow. Just search for the type of dessert you’d like and pick the one that sounds the most appetizing to you!

Netflix & Chill

Okay, so when I say Netflix & chill I really mean Netflix & chill, nothing else. LOL! Grab your coziest blanket, and spend a couple of hours watching your favorite show or favorite movies. Some of my favorites TV Shows are How I Met Your Mother, Chopped, Criminal Minds, and Friends! Some of my favorite movies on Netflix are 13 Going On 30, Legally Blonde, and Grease. Don’t know what you’re in the mood for? http://netflixroulette.net/ is a website that gives you random titles unless you are searching for a specific director or actor.

Whatever you decide to do on a rainy day, just make sure it makes you feel content with the way you have spent your day. Whether it’s hanging out at home under a blanket or outside running around and enjoying everything about the rain. I hope your day is as best as it could be and have a great week! 

Edith Ayala is currently a third year at Sonoma State University. She was raised by a Salvadoran family in the heart of Los Angeles from 1996-2014. In 2014, she moved to Rohnert Park to attend school. She is a Computer Science major and plans on working for Google at some point of her life. Edith likes to write about situations that she has been in, in a way her readers can relate to.
Carly is one of the CCs for Sonoma State University, and she is majoring in communications and minoring in sociology. She grew up in southern California, and even though she misses the warm beach, she really enjoys living in wine country in northern CA. She has always had a passion for writing and is so grateful that Her Campus allows her to share that love and encourage others to join in the fun.