Profile: Sam Gad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Sam Gad is a junior this year at Sonoma State. He is a psychology major with a biology minor, hoping to continue with his education after graduating in order to become a pharmacist. Here is a little bit more info about Sam!

Her Campus: Where are you from?

Sam Gad: I’m originally from Calabasas, CA.

HC: What do you miss most about home?

SG: What I miss most is my family and my friends. I also have my favorite restaurants and pastimes down there so that was hard to leave behind when I moved up to Rohnert Park.

HC: What is your major and what made you decide to go into that field?

SG: My major is Psychology with a minor is Biology. I chose to go into this field because I’m fascinated by the human mind and how it functions.

HC: What has been your favorite class at Sonoma State so far?

SG: My favorite class so far is Psychology 382 which is the study of Human Sexuality

HC: Are you in a fraternity? 

SG: Yes I am, I’m an active member of Phi Delta Theta

HC: What do you love most about being a part of Greek Life, and your organization in specific?

SG: I love the connections that I’ve made by being a part of Greek Life. Whether it is academically, or socially, my fraternity has helped become the greatest version of myself and has allowed me to meet numerous individuals. I’m grateful enough to know that these individuals can help me along the way during and even after my college career.

HC: What is your favorite food, and do you have a favorite RoPo restaurant?

SG: My favorite food is Italian food and my favorite restaurant is Ike’s Sandwiches in Santa Rosa

HC: What is your favorite TV show?

SG: My favorite TV show is either Law and Order: SVU or Criminal Minds

HC: Any last words you want to share with the readers?

SG: Being involved in an organization, whether it is Greek, JUMP, or any other organization, has improved my college career for the better. I would like to challenge each and every reader to get involved somehow and push yourself outside of your comfort zones. I encourage you to strive to make your 4 years at Sonoma State memorable ones.

Carly is one of the CCs for Sonoma State University, and she is majoring in communications and minoring in sociology. She grew up in southern California, and even though she misses the warm beach, she really enjoys living in wine country in northern CA. She has always had a passion for writing and is so grateful that Her Campus allows her to share that love and encourage others to join in the fun.