Profile: Gaby Medina

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Gaby Medina is currently a third year who is majoring in Buisness and minoring in Computer Science. I lived with her my freshman year and she has been my best friend and roommate ever since. She was born and raised in Watsonville, California which is known for its berries and also spent most summer days at the Santa Cruz boardwalk. She is a huge dog lover and plans to own atleast ten. Gaby also imagines herself in a pants suit running around the city making memories she can barely remember. 

HC: What made you want to be a Buisness major?

GM: Well, I kind of just envisioned what I would want my everyday to look like ten years from now and it was going to work from nine in the morning to five in the afternoon and then being able to meet up with my friends for some drinks afterwards.

HC: Where do you plan to live after graduation?

GM: I plan to move to a city where I can ride the subway because I am tired of driving around and waiting for red lights. So maybe either NYC or LA.

HC: Have you been to either or?

GM: I’ve been to Downtown Los Angeles, and also Santa Monica and Venice Beach. I like the diversity and the different styles that people have and just the overall vibe.

HC: What are your life goals?

GM: To have my bank account at six digits. Then maybe go to law school, become a laywer and join an organization that helps people get an education. Then dedicate my life to helping out people who weren’t given the opportunity I had to further my education.

HC: What’s something you like to do on your free time?

GM: I like to watch YouTube videos and try different tacos around the city to see if they remind me of home.

HC: Is there something most people don’t know about you?

GM: I’m a really good cook…I just get lazy.

Edith Ayala is currently a third year at Sonoma State University. She was raised by a Salvadoran family in the heart of Los Angeles from 1996-2014. In 2014, she moved to Rohnert Park to attend school. She is a Computer Science major and plans on working for Google at some point of her life. Edith likes to write about situations that she has been in, in a way her readers can relate to.
Contributor account for HC Sonoma