Profile: Edith Ayala

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Edith Ayala is a third year Computer Science student at Sonoma State University. Raised in a Salvidorian household until she was 17, her move to SSU was her biggest adventure yet. 

HC: How do does it feel to be so close to the end of your third year?

Edith: Well sometimes I forget I am a third year, time passed so quick! I don’t know where the past three years went honestly sometimes I feel like I am still a freshman haha.

HC: What advice would you give to freshman finishing off their first year at SSU?

Edith: I would tell them to take advantage of the semesters where you only focus on GE’s because it doesn’t get any easier than that. I am not saying to slack off in school, but you shouldn’t take it as serious as your major classes. Sadly it gets harder!

HC: So I heard you are going to study in New Jersey next year, why the want to move there?

Edith: I’ve always wanted to live in the east coast, and experience life there since I’ve lived in California my whole life. I also feel like at one point in my life I will eventually end up living in New Jersey or New York.

HC: What do you think you will miss most about California?

Edith: In-n-out! And obviously my family. I will be the furthest I have ever been from them and my niece is going to be in pre-k by the time I come back, and my nephew will probably be walking already.

HC: If you could meet one character from any of your favorite tv shows, who would it be and why?

Edith: Any member of the Gallgher family( from Shameless)! They are all insane in their own way, but they’re so real at the same time.

Gaby Medina is a third year at Sonoma State University majoring in Business Admin. She grew up by the beach in a small Hispanic community in Santa Cruz Country, CA; where she was raised in a Mexican household. She loves dogs, tacos, wine and to write articles that others can relate too. She also loves being honest about experiences she's been through in hopes will help others going through the same things. She hopes to work for one of her favorite companies one day like Twitter,  Netflix, or Anastasia Beverly Hills. 
Contributor account for HC Sonoma