Campus Cutie: Travis Saracco

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie Travis Saracco comes from the small town of Castro Valley located in the San Francisco Bay Area.  This graduating senior is a Communications major with a focus in Public Relations and Radio Broadcasting.  You may recognize him as an avid KSUN promoter, the on campus radio station.

“I’m actually in an internship right now where I do radio advertising,” said Saracco.  “So broadcasting and advertising is kind of my specialty right now and I’m hoping to at least get a little bit of money out of college from that but it’s not what I want to do with my life.”

Saracco currently interns for Maverick Media in Santa Rosa which runs some very popular radio stations here in Sonoma County.  Saracco has mainly been involved with on campus radio while attending school here at SSU.

“I’m really involved with KSUN, tune in on KSUNradio.com,” said Saracco.  “It’s something I kind of fell into in the last couple years.  If you would have asked me three years ago what I wanted to do I would have said a fire fighter, and I still want to do that, but right now I’m just really involved with KSUN.  Since I graduating in May I’m hoping to move forward with something in radio.”

Saracco also has an internship in the Public Relations field with a local non-profit Marine Mammal Center.  It has definitely given him an idea of what he would like to do after his time at Sonoma State has come to an end.

Saracco learned over the past four years that he made a good decision by coming to Sonoma State.

“I love Sonoma,” said Saracco. “I didn’t like it so much when I was a freshman because I had a long distance relationship and I didn’t really let myself open up so one of the big things I tell freshman or friends that I meet that are younger is just take chances.  I think Sonoma is a great place for that, it’s a small community, it’s kind of the hidden gem of the CSU system, I think, and it’s just a beautiful campus and it offers a lot, even though we’ve been having these budget cuts.  Especially with Coms and the elective classes being offered, I feel like I’ve learned a lot.  I really feel like I’ve gotten a top notch education.”

To listen to KSUN radio and see some of the programs your fellow students have been putting on, check it out here.

Saracco is happily in a relationship at the moment with our Campus Celebrity of the week Amanda Burke.  We expect to see some big things in radio after this cutie graduates!

Alexandra Schwarz is a senior at Sonoma State University located in Northern California. As a Communications major with a double focus in public relations and writing, she hopes to pursue a media career upon graduation in May of 2012. While attending Sonoma State, she has been an active leader for the campus in the Residential Life department in both the dorms and classroom life and was even invited to attend a national leadership conference (NACURH). When she's not managing the Sonoma State Her Campus branch, she spends her time traveling with EF College Break through her internship as a campus manager. She is also an active member in her sorority, Alpha Xi Delta, as well as a public relations intern for an art gallery. Her hobbies include crafting, traveling, reading, dancing, cooking, and trying new things. Fun fact: she has met Darren Criss of Glee!