This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

For many seniors graduating college can be very emotional. Last minute group projects, research papers, making resumes, filling out job applications, trying to stay on top of work while the senioritis kicks in can all be very overwhelming. Here’s my experience with graduation approaching and my solutions for dealing with the pressure and anxiety.

For the past two months I have had a hard time talking about graduation. Every time it comes up in conversation I find myself with a lump in my throat about to shed some tears. Finishing college is not sad for me because I am ready to start my life. The lump in my throat I think comes from the unknown of what comes next. There is so much pressure these days to have a full time job lined up after college. The truth is, as ready as I am for my life to start… I am not ready for a full time job. A full time job sounds like way more of a commitment than I’m looking for. I have flirted with the idea recently, but cannot get myself to fully commit. I want this summer and the rest of my first year post-graduation to be full of possibility and freedom…not commitment.

To deal with this anxiety and pressure I have been going crazy with yoga and have been experimenting with meditation. I have been practicing yoga five times a week for the past three months and I feel amazing. It keeps me sane, in shape, moving, and connected to my body. Completing homework assignments puts you too much into your head. It is a good idea to get grounded and pay some extra attention to your body. I have more awareness and appreciation for my body now. In meditation I have been practicing noticing thoughts without acting on them or getting hung up on them. This has been challenging, but I have learned a lot about places my mind wonders off to often. Yoga and meditation have kept me grounded in this time of panic. Not knowing what the future holds is terrifying and staying grounded and connected is an important practice.

Hi I'm Ari. I love all things nature.There is beauty all around us, we just have to look to really see it. I love anything yoga, cheese, crystals, hula hooping, eating and traveling.
Contributor account for HC Sonoma