This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Let’s all give a moment of thanks to Netflix for consistently saturating my life with solid throwback movies that distract my overworked mind with childhood memories. As the craze of the 2016 presidential election hit its peak, Netflix threw it back with one of my favorites: The Lizzie McGuire Movie. As both Hillary Clinton and Hilary Duff trended on all my social media, I decided to mix the two and take a look at this election season as told through Lizzie McGuire:

When Hillary Clinton announced her campaign like

Every time Donald Trump said something sexist, racist, or just plain awful

Trying to explain to that conservative relative that your liberal views aren’t “just a millennial phase”

Going to the polling place to cast my vote for possibly the first female president this country has seen

Watching the results come in throughout Tuesday night showing Trump’s lead and being in complete denial…

…and finally realizing that he could actually win the presidency…

…and the rough few days that followed

My face whenever I see a social media post calling those upset by the results “dramatic”

When, despite how horrified I am with the results, I think about how far women have come in this country and how amazing it is to have almost had a female president

And remember: There’s always 2020