This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Dear Spotify,

I am writing this letter because, well, I love you. You are the first thing I listen to when I wake up, and sometimes you are last thing I listen to before I go sleep. Without you, showers, drives, and my entire life would be boring. Your daily mixes make me feel better, and it makes me feel like you really know me, like you really understand me. You give me suggestions on what I might like, and for the most part you are always right. You always know what song or genre I want to listen to, it is like we are two peas in a pod. You and I, we are one.

You have been there for me through every situation. You were there for me when I drove for the first time without my dad(but don’t tell him, I told him I wouldn’t play music), you were there for me when I went through my first breakup, and through pretty much every other situation and I am always going to thank you for that. You are a part of me, I want you in my life forever. You are an angel sent from above, you are like my guardian angel. I don’t know what I would do without all of my playlists and stations. I have a playlist for every mood that I’m in. From my thuggish mood, to Lana Del Rey, to EDM.

You have such a huge selection, I am never disappointed. I can go from listening to some of my mom and dad’s favorite songs, to some calm music to do my homework to, to some music that makes me feel like a boss. I am very grateful to have come accross such a wonderful music web player, there is no one out there that is better than you. And that’s a fact! 

If you haven’t noticed, I love everything about you!

Please never change, and please don’t ever raise your fees because your favorite girl is already struggling to pay the monthly fee.

With lots of love,

Edith ❤️

Related articles — http://www.hercampus.com/school/sonoma-state/sullys-story

Related ariticles — http://www.hercampus.com/school/sonoma-state/20-things-you-learn-about-m…

Edith Ayala is currently a third year at Sonoma State University. She was raised by a Salvadoran family in the heart of Los Angeles from 1996-2014. In 2014, she moved to Rohnert Park to attend school. She is a Computer Science major and plans on working for Google at some point of her life. Edith likes to write about situations that she has been in, in a way her readers can relate to.
Contributor account for HC Sonoma