This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Soka chapter.

We feel your pain; finals are upon us, which means no sleep, a lot of stress, and A LOT of coffee. We would tell you to take time for yourself, but we know that finals are a matter of life and death. So, here are our tips for surviving finals.  

Plan out the week beforehand with important tasks and small goals for each day – Amanda B.

Manage your time effectively, prioritize, get things done early, get enough sleep – Reina S.

Take space for yourself when you need to Sophie R.

Get enough sleep and write down everything you need to do so you know how to pace yourself Hidemi M.

Take a little break and breathe whenever you feel yourself stressing out. You got thisClarissa C.

Take lots of study breaksMegan C. 

Study with friends! And if your final is an essay, DON’T do the entire thing the night before it’s due. It’s only going to make the entire process much more stressful than it already is Monet S. 

Nellie Hultman is currently a sophomore at Soka University of America where she is studying Social and Behavioral Sciences. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Soka. After living in 6 countries, she has developed a love for traveling, meeting new people, experiencing different cultures, and trying new foods (lots of it). She hopes to continue traveling the world throughout her life. She plans to attend law school after college, and she desires to build a life focused on inspiring, empowering, and serving others. When she’s not doing homework or thinking about ways to change the world, you can find her researching unsolved crimes, singing in the car, watching Seinfeld… or eating.