Zinke Intimates Launches Swimwear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Want new swimwear to debut on the beach this Spring Break? Well Zinke Intimates has just the thing for you. The brand is primarily lingerie, but this spring they started swimwear.

Sisters Arin and Jessie Zinke of Tulsa, OK started the line in 2009. The indie inspired lingerie line is meant to be shown under the clothes. It includes lots of lace and silk products meant for layering. 

After the line got going,  Jessie decided it would be a good career move to transition to New York, so she got a chic apartment in the city where most of her work takes place. Her inviting “office” includes shelves that also serve as chalk boards perfect for sketching any idea that come to her mind. Jessie claims a lot of her ideas are influenced by music, and their first line was based off of MGMT’s “Electric Girl.” It included lots of statement pastels for a very feminine yet noticeable look. 

Arin primarily handles the business and marketing side of things while Jessie does all of the designing. 

I know the Zinke sisters from growing up as close family friends. I contacted Arin about where my friends could order suits for Spring Break and she proposed the idea of a Zinke trunk show on SMU’s campus. I thought it was a great idea especially since it’s taking place Mar. 5 just a few short days before students will depart for their vacations. 

The swimwear includes lots of fun colors including a beautiful chartreuse and coral, perfect for showing off a bronzed glow on the beach. One of the style of bottoms features a very flattering ruched back. The tops are very unique featuring ruffles and also a very fitted bandeau bra like style. 

There are also several cover up options including a darling white lace crop top with hot pink ties in the back. The “Saturday” dress is ideal for throwing on over your suit before going in for an afternoon lunch on the beach and also layers well under the crop top. 

The trunk show will take place in the Rotunda right outside of The Market in Hughes Trigg from 1:30-4pm Mar. 5. For more information go to www.Zinkeintimates.com or to shop now! 

Caroline Wright, a double major in Business Marketing and Communication Studies at Southern Methodist University, is thrilled to be part of the Her Campus Team. Although a St. Louis native, she has enjoyed becoming a true Texan in spirit over the past two years! She has been employed by a variety of companies including Kate Spade New York, NBC Universal Pictures, Brynn Bagot Public Relations, Rent the Runway, and Nordstrom. Caroline is currently Social Chair for her sorority Kappa Alpha Theta as well as serves on the Board of SMU's Student Foundation.