Why should you join Her Campus SMU?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Her Campus SMU is currently building its editorial team for the 2015-2016 school year!  We’re looking for passionate student writers to produce quality content each week. If you love writing, journalism, communications and social media then this is for you! Check out all of the reasons you should join us this year!

Be a collegiette! A Her Campus collegiette is “a college woman who is on top of her game – strategically career-minded, distinctly fashionable, socially connected, academically driven, and smartly health-conscious, who endeavors to get the most out of her college experience on every level.”

Gain experience! Did you know that Her Campus team members have been offered job and internship opportunities at publications like Vogue, Buzzfeed, and Vanity Fair? Writing for Her Campus is a major resume booster, plus you will build writing, teamwork and business skills to last a lifetime. Check out this list of places Her Campus members have gone on to:

Build your portfolio! Writing for Her Campus gives you the opportunity to have your work published for a national web publication and accumulate your writing clips to show future employers!

Get Connected! Her Campus offers you the chance to join a community of women around the world. With over 270 campus chapters at colleges across the country, you can connect with other writers and team members on an intercollegiate level.

Write about your interests! Our Features and Blog sections allow room for you to write about the topics that interest you the most.  Dig deep into Dallas and SMU culture, and find the story waiting to be told.

Receive amazing opportunities! Her Campus Media is an organization that can offer you really cool opportunities. Just last year, I was able to interview New York fashion designer, Rita Liefhebber, about her latest collection coming to Dallas, and our former editor-in-chief got to interview Victoria’s Secret model, Candice Swanepoel. Her Campus team members can also attend the annual summer event, Her Conference. This year’s keynote speakers include Michelle Tan, Editor-in-Chief at Seventeen, and Neha Gandhi, Vice President of Editorial Strategy at Refinery29, just to name a couple.

Get involved! SMU students are always looking for ways to get involved on campus, and this is the perfect start! Whether you’re a freshman or a senior, you will benefit from being a part of a campus organization geared specifically toward SMU women!

Meet new people! Whether it’s making friends on our editorial team or interviewing someone new, Her Campus SMU will offer you countless opportunities to meet new people. If you’re new to campus, this is a great way to start off. Meet women from different organizations, sororities and majors and get to know all aspects of SMU!

We’ll see you at Night at the Club on August 22! If you’re interested in writing for us, complete this form, and don’t forget to check us out on the web! 

All images courtesy of Her Campus Media

India is a former campus correspondent at Southern Methodist University and a former national news blogger at HerCampus.com. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @IndiaPougher!