This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

It’s officially fall! It’s time to surround yourself with pumpkins, oversized sweaters, and pumpkin spice lattes. This season is my absolute favorite for so many reasons. Though COVID-19 is still very present in all of our lives, here are some reasons why this could still be the best time of year. 

Sweaters!!!

I always love being comfy and cozy, so during other seasons I lounge in soft cardigans and hoodies. FALL IS HERE! I am wearing a sweater everyday to class and am absolutely loving it. A casual sweater with leggings is honestly such a look!

Pumpkins!

I know this might be a cliche, but I really do enjoy going to pick out pumpkins with my family. I always love getting the Cinderella pumpkins, they are the prettiest ones in my opinion. It’s such a fun way to do something with my family that isn’t just going out to eat. During Halloween, pumpking carving is such a great activity. I am not the best at this task, but I enjoy it anyway.

The Aesthetic

I am obsessed with driving around during fall and admiring all the leaves on the trees. It makes me so happy to see nature in it’s element! The reds, yellows, and oranges make my heart so happy! The trees in my neighborhood are always so pretty.

Thanksgiving!

I am a big family girl, so I love this holiday! Being surrounded by my family while we cook and talk is something I really cherish. Football game is on and the pumpkin pie is in the oven. I really enjoy catching up with my cousins and aunts and uncles, I love hearing about what’s going on in their lives. Not to mention the delicious food!

Exams!

Okay this might not be the main reason I love fall, but it for sure counts. During fall we take all our fianl exams and go home for winter break, I like how it signifies the year is finally winding down. I am done with my semester classes and have no more homework to do. Best feeling!

You may love fall for different reasons, but these are unique to me! I LOVE fall, not to mention my birthday is in November, so I am always celebrating a holiday or occasion. Fall is the absolute best time of year!

I am a sophomore at Southern Methodist University and I intend to double major in Public Relations and Political Communication with a minor in English. I am our chapter's Her Campus President and am so happy to be in a leadership role in a field I am passionate about! I am from Dallas, Texas and journalism has been a big part of my life all through high school and the years I have spent so far in college.
We are the SMU Team.