The Top 5 Late Night Restaurants Near Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Pretty much every college student can relate to the feeling of leaving a party (or late night study session) and wanting nothing more than to eat ridiculous amounts of food. Unfortunately, there aren’t many restaurants that stay open past midnight. Here are some great restaurants around Dallas that not only have amazing food but also know how to cater to the late night crowd.

1. Zenna

Image via Kevin Marple at D Magazine

Hours: 11 a.m.-3 a.m.

Address: 3950 Rosemeade Pkwy Suite 100 Dallas, Texas 75287 (North Dallas location)

Zenna may be known as a great place to get inexpensive drinks at happy hour, but it also has some awesome Thai and Japanese dishes! There are four locations in the Dallas area and the relaxed atmosphere and well-decorated patio make it a perfect spot to relax and grab some food after a night out. They offer a wide variety of traditional Asian foods, so there’s something for everybody. As someone who orders from here regularly, I would recommend the eel rolls, the miso soup and the red Thai curry!

2. ZaLat Pizza

Image via planoprofile.com

Hours: 11 a.m.- 4 a.m.

Address: 2519 N Fitzhugh Ave Dallas, Texas 75204 (East Dallas location)

ZaLat is a popular place to order pizza in the Dallas area, and its unique pizza choices really make it stand out. In addition to delivery, they have an open sit-down restaurant and bar until 4 a.m., which is a very laid-back and fun place to hang out. All of their pizzas are delicious, but I especially recommend the Elote pizza, the Pho Shizzle pizza (pictured) and their signature “Sri-ranch-a” dipping sauce. For those days when it’s super late at night and you’re craving pizza, ZaLat will definitely become your go-to!

3. Cafe Brazil

Image via cafebrazil.com

Hours: Open 24 hours

Address: 3851 Cedar Springs Rd Dallas, Texas  75219 (Oak Lawn location)

Anyone from DFW knows that Cafe Brazil is an excellent place to go brunching, but did you know that they’re also open 24 hours every day? This adorable Brazilian restaurant has locations all throughout the Dallas area and the only thing more aesthetically pleasing than the food is the inside of the restaurant, which gives off artsy, eclectic cafe vibes. If you’re really wanting some quality breakfast food at 2 a.m. but you’re also getting a little sick of IHop, then come to Cafe Brazil for some fruit crepes, latte art and the best huevos rancheros that nine dollars can buy.

4. Velvet Taco

Photo via Velvet Taco

Hours: 11 a.m.-4 a.m.

Address: 3411 McKinney Ave Dallas, Texas 75204 (Uptown location)

I had to include a taco place somewhere on this list because this is Texas, after all, and Velvet Taco is one of the best! From breakfast tacos with steak, potatoes and egg to Indian chicken tikka tacos, you can get pretty much every topping imaginable and the ingredients always taste fresh. I personally swear by the fried paneer and falafel tacos, and I also love their red curry coconut queso, which is a unique twist on the traditional queso that you’ll find at most Tex-Mex restaurants. The restaurant is always super chill (and I hear they have great margaritas) so this would be the perfect place to wind down after a long night of partying.

5. Waffle House

Image via Eater

Hours: Open 24 hours

Address: 5111 Ross Ave Dallas, Texas 75206 (East Dallas location)

If you’re from the South, this place needs no introduction. Their menu is nothing fancy, but I guarantee that their chocolate chip waffles with a side of hash browns will be the best thing you’ve ever tasted, especially late at night. The restaurant itself feels sort of like you’ve been transported to an old timey Southern diner, and they’re open 24 hours so you can access their delicious breakfast staples at all hours of the night. What more could you ask for?

The next time it’s after 3 a.m. and you’re in urgent need of some good food, give one of these places a try!

Chloe is a sophomore at Southern Methodist University. She is from Dallas, TX and loves boba tea, good music, and all things fashion related.
We are the SMU Team.