This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Bummed out about being the only one of your friends who’s not traveling for Spring Break? Not to worry, because you can still have an amazing time here in Dallas! Here are some ideas for how you can spend your week off.

1. Look for concert/sporting event tickets

Image via PicJumbo on Pexels

Popular venues around Dallas include House of Blues, American Airlines Center, AT&T Stadium, and Allen Event Center. Check out their websites to see if there are any upcoming events that interest you!

2. Enjoy the Outdoors

Image via Dallas Arboretum

There are lots of great places in DFW where you can take a break from busy city life and spend time in nature. Take a hike at Katy Trail, watch the sunrise at White Rock Lake, or see some fresh spring flowers at Texas Tulips and the Dallas Arboretum (pictured above).

3. Go to a Museum

Image via Serge Bloch at D Magazine

Whatever you’re interested in, whether it be art, science or history, Dallas probably has a museum that’s perfect for you. The Perot Museum (pictured above) has great interactive science exhibits, Bishop Arts District has a variety of art museums, the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum is an awesome spot for history lovers.

4. Take a Luxury “Stay-cation”

Image via Resort Races

You might not be headed to a resort in Cabo, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t have the vacation experience right here in Dallas! Grab some friends and split the cost of a room at the Ritz Carlton, the Four Seasons (pictured above), or whichever hotel your budget allows. Then get dressed up and head to Uptown to try out a new brunch spot, do some shopping at Highland Park Village, enjoy the nightlife in Deep Ellum, and before you know it, your friends abroad will be jealous of your Instagram pics.

5. Have a Picnic 

Image via Click Allen

Although the current weather is not ideal for picnics, it’s likely to warm up by the start of Spring Break, so why not take advantage? Klyde Warren Park and Watters Creek (pictured above) are both excellent picnic spots in DFW.

6. Try Something New

Image via Visit Dallas

A week off from class is the perfect time to finally visit that place you’ve always secretly wanted to go to. Whether you’ve been wanting to try SoulCycle, see if you can escape the Panic Room, or have close up encounters with animals at the Fossil Rim Wildlife Center (pictured above), Spring Break is the perfect opportunity to go for it!

7. Take a Road Trip

Image via Studio 7042 on Pexels

Just because you’re staying in Dallas doesn’t mean you have to limit yourself to the immediate Dallas area. San Antonio, South Padre Island, and New Braunfels are all popular destinations that are only a few hours away from DFW. Get in your car, and go explore Texas!

Chloe is a sophomore at Southern Methodist University. She is from Dallas, TX and loves boba tea, good music, and all things fashion related.
We are the SMU Team.