These are the Nail Trends You Must Try This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

It’s officially spring (almost summer!), and with that comes the color. Maybe you’re wearing more rosy tones on your eyes, breaking out the coral lipstick, or opting for a fun printed top, but you’re stuck on the nails. We’ve got you covered with these fun (and relatively easy) spring nails trends!

1. Accent nails are all the rage this spring, and as an added bonus you don’t have to paint your whole nail! Time saver? Regardless, this look is super chic. Just place two pieces of tape on the areas you want to be polish-free and paint the rest.

2. I guess we just can’t get enough of metallic nails? This spring metallic accents are in, and it’s the perfect way to spice us your average paint job. Whether it’s a gold  tip French manicure, pink glitter around the nail bed, or a glittery black line, we can’t get enough of this nail look.

3. Color blocking is the newest fashion-turned-nail trend. This look is so fresh, different and springy, it could spice us ever the plainest outfit. This look is best accomplished by working in layers and having patience. 

Photograph by Ryan McGuire

Hi! I'm the beauty crazed one here at Her Campus SMU. But I also love food, coffee, shopping, traveling, laughing, and of course, writing. You can also find me rambling on about cosmetics and my dogs on my Youtube channel!
We are the SMU Team.