Republic Records

Taylor Swift and Adele prove Fall is the Best Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

The next few weeks are going to be busy for fans of Taylor Swift and Adele.

On November 12th, Swift will be releasing her recording of Red, titled Red (Taylor’s Version), along with a short film starring Dylan O’Brien(!!) and Sadie Sink(!!), written and directed by herself, entitled All Too Well, which is the name of one of her most popular tracks from Red. But that’s not all! She will be appearing on Late Night With Seth Meyers and the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on November 11th, as well as appearing as the musical guest on SNL on November 13th. Taylor has proven with her Fearless (Taylor’s Version) re-recording that her re-recordings will include special things for all fans, from unreleased songs to the chance to relieve an era, and it is safe to say Red (Taylor’s Version) will do the same.

Adele will release her very long awaited fourth album, simply titled 30, on November 19th. Fans have been waiting a long time for her newest album, as her last album was released in 2015. We’ve already gotten a taste of Adele’s new work with the release of her first single, “Easy On Me,” and it’s safe to say that she will NOT be taking it easy on her fans with this album. With a tracklist including songs titled, “I Drink Wine” “My Little Love” and “Can I Get It,” it’s clear that fans need to prepare for an emotional and sob inducing album. However that’s not all. On November 14th, in partnership with CBS, she will be performing at the, “Adele One Night Only” concert special, where she will sing songs from her past albums, as well as her upcoming one. This concert special will also include an interview with Oprah Winfrey!

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I am a huge fan of both of these artists! Red has long been my favorite Taylor Swift album and so I am incredibly excited to hear the new re-recording version of it, including the new from the vault songs. But I can tell you I am most excited for her to release her long-awaited and much discusses “All Too Well-Ten Minute Version,” of which her short film is based upon. “All Too Well” is my favorite Taylor Swift song of all time and so the fact that we will get a ten minute version is sure to be amazing.

Similarly, Adele’s music has always been special to me. The way she sings about such sad topics such as heartbreak and betrayal is at once both heartbreaking and invigorating. Personal favorites of Adele’s include “Chasing Pavements” and “Make You Feel My Love” and so I am incredibly excited to hear more from such an amazing artist.

Both Taylor Swift’s Red (Taylor’s Version) and Adele’s 30 are going to be the most perfect albums for getting cozy during the fall season. With Swift’s country-pop sound in Red and Adele’s soulful voice, they are the perfect fall albums and I know I’ll be listening!

Natalie Clark is a junior at Southern Methodist University, majoring in English and Political Science on the Pre-Law track. She is a firm believer in a good nap. In her spare time, she likes to read, play tennis, and hang with friends. Instagram: @natclark424