freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Take Your S.O. on These Fall Dates in Dallas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Everyone loves fall. What’s not to love?

Between pumpkin flavored everything, colored leaves, pumpkin patches, apple orchards, Halloween, and Thanksgiving, there are so many fun things to do in fall! When you and your S.O. are sitting around wondering where you can go that’s not your typical “dinner and a movie night,” head to our list of activities for some quality time this autumn season. 

Photo courtesy of Avery Kout

Photo courtesy of Hunter Kolon

Photo courtesy of Dallas Observer

• Head to St. James Pumpkin Patch
    • Address: 9845 McCree Rd, Dallas, TX 75238
    • When can you go? October 1- October 31

According to their website, the funds support charitable programs like scholarships for kids to attend summer camp, meals for hungry children, and college scholarships for refugee students. So check it out! 

Photo courtesy of GentleZoo

• Pumpkin Carving or Pumpkin Decorating
    • Address: Your own home or dorm room
    • When can you go? Anytime! Bring home a pumpkin from your local pumpkin patch and get carving! You can make a whole other date out of roasting the pumpkin seeds. Click here for our favorite recipe for roasting pumpkin seeds.

Photo courtesy of DIY Network

• Heat up some cider and walk Katy Trail
    • Address: 5207 McKinney Ave #19A, Dallas, TX 75204
    • When can you go? Once the weather cools off and you have your apple cider ready to go! Our favorite cider is from Trader Joe’s and it can be served hot or cold. 

Photo courtesy of Trader Joe’s

Regardless of what activities you choose to do this fall, enjoy the cooler weather and enjoy time spent with loved ones!

Karna is a Junior at Southern Methodist University studying Public Relations, Advertising, and English. She is the Social Media Director for Her Campus SMU, as well as a member of STUMO and Alpha Chi Omega. She is from Orange County, California and loves going to the beach and spending time with her younger sisters when visiting home. When she is not studying, Karna is usually exploring Dallas, listening to country music, or updating her blog, Simply Karna.
We are the SMU Team.