This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Everything about getting ready for recruitment can be stressful,  especially picking out the right outfit. You want to look cute and presentable, but still feel comfortable and be warm! Last year it snowed during rush week, so you definitely need to be prepared! Panhellenic has an official photo shoot on their website of outfit ideas, but here are some more!

Open House Round and Philanthropy Day

These two days you have the least amount of fashion freedom. The best idea (and warmest) is to wear jeans, boots, and the required shirt. For Open House Day go to the bookstore and pick your favorite SMU t-shirt. For Philanthropy Day they will supply you with the Panhellenic shirt. It honestly doesn’t matter what coat you wear, because the Rho Gammas will make you take it off before you go into each of the houses. Use hand warmers, scarves, gloves, and anything to keep you as warm as possible!

Skit Round

This day was my favorite day of rush! You watch up to four chapters perform skits that give you a better idea of what their sorority is all about. The Panhellenic website suggests “snappy casual,” which is very vague. For snappy casual heels aren’t expected. I would recommend wearing tights and boots or a skirt/dress and flats. If you’re wearing a skirt or dress make sure it’s not too short! Try to stay a little more casual today, because the next day is much more dressy. Some of the dresses below would work great. They’re all from Tobi!

Preference Round

At Pref, you go to up to two houses. The ceremonies are much more serious and even though it is in the morning, cocktail attire is appropriate. Most girls wear heels on this day but make sure you wear something you can walk in. A lot of the houses have lots of steps leading up to them! You will most likely be sitting down for the majority of this day, so make sure that your dress works well for this! Note: some of these dresses could work for either skit or pref; the shoes and accessories really can make all the difference!

Follow these suggestions, but most importantly, dress comfortably and be yourself! If you feel good about your outfit, you will be less nervous and your confidence will shine through! 

SMU Class of 2015 Temerlin School of AdvertisingAdvertising Major Graphic Design Minor