Staff Spotlight: Meet HCSMU Staff Writer Sydney Fellner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Our writers spend their days writing about the many opportunities on campus, the nuances of college life, and some of the coolest people to meet here at SMU. Today, our team is excited to let our readers get to know more about one of our own, staff writer Sydney Fellner!

HCSMU: What are you studying? 

SF: Art history and arts management.

HCSMU: What year are you? 

SF: Sophomore.

HCSMU: What do you do with Her Campus SMU? 

SF: Features writer.

HCSMU: What other organizations are you involved with? 

SF: Gamma Phi Beta sorority, Her Campus High School Ambassador advisor, special events volunteer at The Dallas Opera, and president/coordinator of Student Event Planners Association at SMU.

HCSMU: What has been your favorite class at SMU? Why?

SF: Why We Go to Auschwitz: Art, Trauma, and Memory because it focused on how society uses art to cope with pain. We did in-depth studies of different memorials and learned about different counterculture art movements that made it a very interesting class.

HCSMU: What does your dream future look like? 

SF: The dream is to be a special events manager at a contemporary art museum, living in a cozy apartment in the city with my dog-babies, getting to wear Kate Spade everyday, and cooking Pinterest recipes every night.

HCSMU: What has been your biggest adventure to date?

SF: I used to be a Disney Princess for children’s birthday parties. Any day where you are surrounded by 20 three-year-olds while wearing a ballgown is an adventure.

HCSMU: What’s the biggest thing on your bucket list right now?

SF: Be a great development intern at the Nasher Sculpture Center next semester and learn how to not sleep through 17 consecutive alarms trying to wake me up for an 8 a.m. Latin class.

India is a former campus correspondent at Southern Methodist University and a former national news blogger at HerCampus.com. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @IndiaPougher!