Staff Spotlight: Meet HCSMU Staff Writer Catherine Lehman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Our writers spend their days writing about the many opportunities on campus, the nuances of college life and some of the coolest people to meet here at SMU. Today, our team is excited to let our readers get to know more about one of our own, HCSMU staff writer Catherine Lehman!

HCSMU: What are you studying? 

Catherine Lehman: I am a psychology major and an English and religious studies minor.

HCSMU: What year are you? 

CL: Senior

HCSMU: What do you do with Her Campus SMU?  

CL: I am a writer for Her Campus and enjoy writing about travel and sports.

HCSMU: What other organizations are you involved with (Greek life, volunteering, clubs, etc.)?

CL: I am a member of Alpha Chi Omega and a research assistant in the Family Research Center psychology lab.

HCSMU: What has been your favorite class at SMU? Why?  

CL: My favorite class at SMU would have to be Psychological Disorders of Children. It’s an advanced psychology course that covers all the disorders that aren’t necessarily covered in a typical abnormal psychology course. 

HCSMU: What does your dream future look like? 

CL: My dream future involves working abroad.

HCSMU: What has been your favorite adventure to date? 

CL: My favorite adventure to date would have to be studying abroad last spring through Semester at Sea and traveling to 10 different countries.

HCSMU: What’s the biggest thing on your bucket list right now? 

CL: The biggest thing on my bucket list right now would have to be landing a job before graduation! 

India is a former campus correspondent at Southern Methodist University and a former national news blogger at HerCampus.com. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @IndiaPougher!