Staff Spotlight: Meet HCSMU Staff Writer Anna Grace Carey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Our writers spend their days writing about the many opportunities on campus, the nuances of college life, and some of the coolest people to meet here at SMU. Today, our team is excited to let our readers get to know more about one of our own, staff writer (although we also secretly call her our aesthetics director) Anna Grace Carey!

HCSMU: What are you studying? 

AGC: I am studying fashion media and political science, with minors in law and legal reasoning and visual and performing arts history. 

HCSMU: What year are you? 

AGC: Sophomore. 

HCSMU: What do you do with Her Campus SMU?  

AGC: I write articles about events happening on campus, shopping in Dallas, and life at SMU. 

HCSMU: What other organizations are you involved with (Greek life, volunteering, clubs, etc.)?

AGC: I am a member of the Alpha Chi Omega sorority. I also am a member of Program Council, Delight and Meadows Scholars. 

HCSMU: What has been your favorite class at SMU? Why?  

AGC: I loved Professor Kobylka’s “Law, Politics, and the Supreme Court” class. I have never learned so much in one semester and the material was fascinating. 

HCSMU: What does your dream future look like? 

AGC: My goal is to go to law school and specialize in intellectual property rights of fashion designers. With that specialization, I hope to find a job that is flexible enough for me to work from anywhere in the world. I would love to live in a variety of cities and countries during my life. 

HCSMU: What has been your favorite adventure to date? 

AGC: I love spending time in Colorado. My grandparents have a cabin in the mountains and its the perfect place to hike, explore and relax.

HCSMU: What’s the biggest thing on your bucket list right now? 

AGC: Travel. I’ve never been out of the country before and I can’t wait to have the opportunity to explore. 

SaveSave

India is a former campus correspondent at Southern Methodist University and a former national news blogger at HerCampus.com. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @IndiaPougher!