Staff Spotlight: Meet HCSMU Marketing and Publicity Director Allison Aprahamian

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Our writers spend their days writing about the many opportunities on campus, the nuances of college life, and some of the coolest people to meet here at SMU. Today, our team is excited to let our readers get to know more about one of our own, marketing and publicity director Allison Aprahamian!

HCSMU: What are you studying?

Allison Aprahamian: I’m studying marketing, political communications, and Russian language.

HCSMU: What year are you?

AA: I’m a sophomore.

HCSMU: What do you do with Her Campus SMU?

AA: I’m the marketing and publicity director for Her Campus SMU, and the resident beauty guru!

HCSMU: What other organizations are you involved with? 

AA: I’m an Alpha Chi Omega (#rushaxo), I’m a leader of Delight, and I’m the public relations director for Russian Club (#rushrussianclub).

HCSMU: What has been your favorite class at SMU? Why?

AA: My favorite class at SMU is probably one that I’m in right now called “Girls Gone Wild,” with Dr. Miskin. We’re reading some pretty cool novels and talking about gender roles.

HCSMU: What does your dream future look like? 

AA: My dream future would probably be being Olivia Pope in “Scandal” with slightly less violence. 

HCSMU: What has been your biggest adventure to date?

AA: My favorite adventure to date: I went on a rollercoaster one time #adventure.

HCSMU: What’s the biggest thing on your bucket list right now?

AA: The biggest thing on my biggest list right now is to study abroad in Russia!

India is a former campus correspondent at Southern Methodist University and a former national news blogger at HerCampus.com. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @IndiaPougher!