Snider Plaza Supports New Fall Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

With the leaves on the trees beginning to change with sure sign of true fall weather in sight, so are the clothes on the racks of Snider Plaza boutiques. Overall the trends seem to be pretty apparent, with many of the trends from last year reappearing. Flared jeans are making their come back from the 70s, lots of animal prints, colored denim and blazers, leather, polka dots, a great fur vest, and a great pair of python pumps.

The first stop on the list of Snider Plaza shops was a new boutique called Pieces. Two sisters Lacy and Julie Thomas started it and graduated from LSU. It features lots of great designers like Patterson J. Kincaid. They currently have a great fur vest in the window display along with some great bright dresses perfect to throw on with on of their boyfriend blazers.

Luxe, also a new store to the plaza, carries lots of great jewelry. Their feather earrings have lots of fun colors along with dainty gold necklaces perfect for layering with ones of different lengths. They also have lots of loose fitting blousy shirts in multiple colors great for putting on with a pair of skinny’s and some pumps.

Bittano, which used to be in Mockingbird Station, recently moved to Snider next door to Spice. This store definitely featured lots of great fall finds. There was a great polka dot blouse, a few high-low dresses, and some pieces Kourtney and Kim Kardashian rocked earlier this month. The one Kourtney wore was a loose fitting and flowing, royal blue, which is very in this fall, chiffon, and short in the front and long in the back. There were also some animal print pumps, a chic rust colored faux leather jacket, and a long sleeved dressy royal blue and black romper Kim wore.

Melanie Gayle, a Snider Plaza classic, has lots of great gold jewelry to accent your trendy outfit, a few different leather jackets, and some bold print long sleeved dresses. They also have a great poncho that is perfect for chilly weather with a pair of riding boots. There are also some great short dressier dresses perfect for that holiday cocktail party around the corner.

Wherever you choose to shop in Snider Plaza, you are sure to find something that will put you in with the trends. 

Caroline Wright, a double major in Business Marketing and Communication Studies at Southern Methodist University, is thrilled to be part of the Her Campus Team. Although a St. Louis native, she has enjoyed becoming a true Texan in spirit over the past two years! She has been employed by a variety of companies including Kate Spade New York, NBC Universal Pictures, Brynn Bagot Public Relations, Rent the Runway, and Nordstrom. Caroline is currently Social Chair for her sorority Kappa Alpha Theta as well as serves on the Board of SMU's Student Foundation.