sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

The Signs as Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Spooky Season is officially coming to a close, which means that the costume parties are in full swing. If you still need help picking out the perfect Halloween Costume look no further than your horoscope. Whether you’re looking for a costume that compliments your personality perfectly, or you just want to experience the, “Oh my god me,” sensation that comes with reading astrology based articles, look no further.

Aries: March 21st – April 19th

You are a fire sign through and through. You are that friend who is up for anything and can hang with just about anyone. You are generally the leader of the pack and enthusiastically agree to anything and everything. You possess immense will-power, passion, and what some would call heroic determination. Join the ever expanding comic book universe this year as the empowered and confident Wonder Woman.

Image Via Warner Brothers 

Taurus: April 20th – May 20th

You are an earth sign, and typically the one who the rest of the zodiac comes to for a sense of stability and security. You are a romantic at heart and find the romanticized elegance of the past intriguing. However, under this layer of calm-and-collected is a passionate and persistent individual. Channel your inner sensuality this Halloween with a costume that embodies the days of the past. 

Image Via Allure

Gemini: May 21st – June 20th

You love to collaborate, and wherever there’s one Gemini there’s bound to be another, so a couple’s costume is inevitable. You are an excellent communicator, and you love to laugh and have a good time with your friends. You are known to be incredibly resourceful and place immense admiration in wit and creativity. This Halloween, instead of adhering to the typical expectation of a couple’s costume utilize current meme culture to create a hilarious and unique costume. Take dark Kermit for instance. 

Image Via Impulse

Cancer: June 21st – July 22nd

You are a huge fan of all things fantastic. Your video library is filled with things like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Game of Thrones. You have an impenetrable outer shell that is strong and resilient, but you also have a soft and sensitive underside that loves all things nostalgic. Let’s face it, you are the physical embodiment of the “Mom” friend. And who’s a better mom friend than the Mother of Dragons? 

Image via The Sun 

Leo: July 23rd – August 22nd 

You are the bold and empowered embodiment of a lioness. You embody the idea of femme fatal and wear your heart on your sleeve. You hate to be ignored and always possess an element of regality. You are loyal to those closest to you, courageous in the face of the impossible, and despite popular belief you are probably more of a Slytherin than a Gryffindor. For this Spooky Season embrace your eccentric side and don the persona of Marie Antoinette… Because of course you would. 

Image Via: Pinterest

Virgo: August 23rd – September 22nd 

Let’s be honest, whatever costume you end up with will be done to perfection. It doesn’t matter what it is, it will be done pristinely. You are known for your ability to organize and take control of all the situations around you. Typically, you are noticed for your critical eye and your appearance of innocence. Your intellectual tendency draws you to broader ideas and more complex costumes. Combine the innocent and intuitive and dress as the poignant and powerful Princess Leia. 

Image Via: The Verge 

Libra: September 23rd – October 22nd

You are a flower-child at heart. You desire to implement peace and harmony wherever you go and find it hard to believe that others don’t feel the same. You are a people pleaser but your biggest desire in life is to receive this love in return. You are committed to your family and value justice to a fault. This year, embody these qualities in the seductive yet sincere Stevie Nicks.

Image Via: Vogue

Scorpio: October 23rd – November 21st

Let’s admit it, this is your season… and you love embracing something a little dark and twisty. You are the most intense of the zodiac and you do not play around when it comes to Halloween. You value family and trust above everything, and you have monopolized on the feelings of intensity and intimacy. Who better to represent you than the iconic Morticia Addams. 

Image Via: Byrdie

Sagittarius: November 22nd – December 21st

You are loud and you are proud. You love to embrace your diplomat and channel your desire to speak your mind into everything you do. You hate to be bored and love to be the facilitator of discussion and change. You value honesty and inner-expansion above all things. Break out that pant suit you nasty woman. 

Image Via: International Business Times

Capricorn: December 22nd – January 19th 

You are the teacher. You emanate a sense of discipline and maturity without even trying. You are goal oriented and love to be involved in multiple clubs and projects. You don’t get stressed unless something is poorly organized, and you are known for being hardworking and fearless. Embody your inner sense of play and take on a costume that you can execute perfectly. And no, you don’t have to wear a full horse costume. There are some amazing DIY ideas on Pinterest that utilize silver mini skirts and colorful tank tops. 

Image Via: Adweek

Aquarius: January 20th – February 18th

When someone says creative they are probably describing you. You’ve got broad ideas and want to put them to use. You can sometimes seem a little detached at times, and even your friends have trouble figuring you out. However, once they do they will have a companion who is friendly, innovative, and even a tad eccentric. You long for ultimate freedom want to revolutionize the world. This year take on the persona of the adorable enigma from the hit show “Stranger Things.” 

Image Via: Out

Pisces: February 19th – March 20th

You are enchanting and wise. You love to be whisked away to beautiful fantasy worlds and to experience fictional illusions. You care deeply for others and often forget about yourself to encourage a friend. You are comforting and imaginative and are constantly looking for your perfect idea of love. While some may think of you as a dreamer you just think of yourself as an optimist. This Halloween embrace your inner mantra, “Have courage and be kind.”

Image Via: Sunday More

Ashleigh Smith is a Junior Transfer student at SMU where she is studying; English Creative Writing, Fashion Media, and Journalism. Growing up performing in theatre productions, Ashleigh has a soft spot for all things nerdy, some of which include: comic books, musicals, Shakespeare, Lord of the Rings, and Star Wars. One day she hopes to put her strange array of skills to use in the fashion or music industry, but until then she'll be content with being that quirky girl who always has her head in a book. Instagram: @ashleighasmith
We are the SMU Team.