Rock the Vote- Register!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

No matter your political beliefs, it is undeniable that one of the most important privileges as an American is the right to vote. Of course, in order to vote, you need to be registered – a small hang up that prevents some college students from turning out on Election Day. For most of us, this is our first opportunity to vote and the entire process may seem a little daunting. Have no fear, Collegiettes – here are two easy ways to register in order to cast your ballot on November 6th.

1. SMU ‘s Constitution DayOn Tuesday, September 18th, SMU is holding a voting registration drive in Hughes Trigg from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM. Members of the League of Women Voters will provide nonpartisan registration tools in order to help you get registered. Don’t miss this quick, easy, and ON-CAMPUS opportunity to register. For more information, follow the below link:
http://blog.smu.edu/forum/2012/09/10/voter-registration-rally-to-be-part…

2. Online Registration – rockthevote.org If Constitution Day just doesn’t fit into your busy schedule, don’t stress. Rockthevote.org caters to young voters and offers a simple registration process through their site. I personally registered through Rock the Vote and found it to be an easy and legitimate way to register.

Whatever your method, don’t put off registering until it is too late. As young Americans, our vote counts more than ever. See you at the polls!