New Show, New Dimension: Why You Need to Watch Hulu’s ‘Dimension 404’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

HCSMU staff writer Kimi Rose reviews Hulu’s “Dimension 404.”

In need of a new show? Do you find yourself constantly missing “Black Mirror” and its sci-fi glory? Its social relevance? Well, Hulu has just the show for you then!

“Dimension 404” is a sci-fi anthology series that is streamed on Hulu and is heavily inspired by “The Twilight Zone.” The six-episode series also has its similarities to Netflix phenomenon “Black Mirror.” For starters – they both illustrate hypothetical societies and scenarios in the most intriguing and realistic way. “Dimension 404” is more on the sci-fi side of things, while “Black Mirror” relates more to technology and society – but both equally captivating. You’ll also find “Dimension 404” to have some quirk to it, though, which can be a relief in any drama sci-fi series.

Additionally, each episode is its own self-contained television film – all with each different scenarios and new actors. Some of my favorites include Robert Buckley, Lea Michele, Joel McHale, Sarah Hyland – to name a few.

From plots about dating apps, arcade machines – to even 90s cartoon shows, I highly recommend entertaining yourself with this eccentric show.

We are the SMU Team.