#Motivation Monday: Quotes from Michael Scott and Leslie Knope to Get You Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

I don’t know how y’all are doing, but this is basically my last two brain cells right now:

Which, mind you, is not good considering the fact that classes just started last week. So in the spirit of staying focused, here are words of wisdom and encouragement from our lovely friends, Michael Scott and Leslie Knope. No matter what you have going on, they’ve got your back. And waffles. 

1. For those who have a presentation

No one knows better than Michael Scott that the key to appearing capable and confident is to channel your inner Beyoncé. 

Hair Flip
Giphy

2. For those who have 3,499,087,294 papers due 

“I just hope I find it along the way.” Deep. Relatable. Inspirational. Literal words to live by when working on page 3 of 10 for a research paper. 

3. For those who are on page 9.5 of a 10-page research paper, or have been studying for your finals for literal days. 

You’re almost at the finish line, you got this! Pull up a fire playlist and get it done! You are truly a hero among us.

4. Just a Really Important Mantra ​

An actual motivational speech I have received: “Are you a warrior?” *points at me*  “YOU’RE A WARRIOR. Yes! Whoooo! Warrior!” Mulan would be proud.

Parks and Rec love gif
Giphy

5. And finally, for when nothing seems to motivate you anymore, look within

Good luck on finals, everyone! 

Sarah Venables is a freshman at Southern Methodist University who plans on studying English, History and Journalism under the Pre-Law track. In her spare time, she can be found reading and watching the latest rom-coms on Netflix. Loves chocolate chip cookies and spending time with friends.
We are the SMU Team.