Morning Playlists for Every Day of the Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Getting up in the morning is a struggle. I decided to make a playlist for everyday of the week to make the week more tolerable to get through. Set the tone for the day with these SEVEN playlists- one for every day of the week! There’s sure to be something for you! 

MONDAY: Got the Monday blues? Wake up with a smile on your face! The sun is shining (or at least pretend it is) and get ready to tackle the week with these happy, upbeat songs. This playlists features bops like “It’s a Beautiful Day” by Michael Bublé and “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina & the Waves

TUESDAY: Now that Monday is over, it can only go downhill from here. Start the morning off soft and mellow with these simple tunes. This playlist has songs like “Bloom” by The Paper Kites and “Crazy” by Daniela Andrade.

WEDNESDAY: Happy hump day y’all! You’re half way there! Jam out to these upbeat bops that will make you want to jump out of bed and tackle the day. Here I’ve added songs like “High Love” by Dim Sum and “Drive” by Hazers.

THURSDAY: Throwback Thursday! Sing your heart out to these classic, girl-power songs. Dance like nobody’s watching to songs like “Party In The U.S.A.” by Miley Cyrus or “One, Two Step” by Ciara and Missy Elliott!

FRIDAY: Set the Friday vibe and get hyped up! Songs like “Bonfire” by Childish Gambino will sure to wake you right up! 

SATURDAY: Had a rough night last night? Grab a cup of coffee and cozy up into bed for just a little bit longer before you actually have to get ready to go to brunch. Here I’ve got chill tunes like “Ophelia” by The Lumineers and “Happier” by Ed Sheeran.

SUNDAY: Time to be productive! Start the day off fresh and mellow with these jams and tackle the day head-on. Try to cross off as much as you can from your to-do list so you can start the week off stress-free! Gear up for the next week with John Mayer’s “Waiting On the World to Change” or “Sunday Mornings” by Maroon 5.

Kalena Dorgan is a freshman at Southern Methodist University and is planning on double majoring in Advertising and Communications, as well as minoring in Spanish. Being from Wisconsin, she can't wait to explore Dallas. She is passionate about volunteering in her community and is obsessed with chai tea, yoga, brunch and her planner.
We are the SMU Team.