This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Morgan O’Hare Makes Her Mark on the Dallas Fashion Scene

Dressed effortlessly chic in boho pants, rocking a slicked back bun, and accessorized to a tee, Morgan O’Hare graces the Southern Methodist University campus with style. Not only does O’Hare look like a fashion guru, but her career in the industry has already tailored her for success (no pun intended). At only 22 years old, O’Hare has already been a buying intern for the elite Dallas based company, Forty Five Ten and interned with Dior. To her, fashion is more than just a look. O’Hare lives her passion for style by the phrase, “luxury captures every whim and fantasy of the imagination.”

As an advertising major in the creative program and a fashion media minor, she has made a mark on campus by her active involvement in Retail Club and SMU Style. She credits SMU with helping her learn more about the industry by their creation of the fashion media minor. Not only has SMU helped enhance her knowledge about fashion, but O’Hare believes being an SMU student in Dallas has broadened her fashion opportunities. “SMU is good at integrating students with the real world,” O’Hare explained. “Being in Dallas has influenced me. People at big companies like Neiman’s and Forty Five Ten really want to help the students and I don’t think you could find that anywhere else. Dallas really welcomes ambitious people in fashion.”

Luckily for her, ambition has led her to incredible experiences at Dior and Forty Five Ten. At the high-end, couture-filled boutique, Forty Five Ten, O’Hare’s internship as a buyer has her dealing with international fashion houses on a weekly basis along with maintaining orders for fashion week. Her experience at Forty Five Ten soon brought her to Dior, where she was actively involved with visual merchandising, maintaining company operations and event planning. Being in the Dallas location of Dior allowed O’Hare to run a Dallas Dior event where the upper echelon and high elite of Dallas were in attendance. “The event was magical and glamorous and of course it was fun to people watch,” O’Hare shared. O’Hare loved Dior because of its old-school way of selling and clienteling that was really special.

Hoping to leave her Dallas nest after graduation and head to The Big Apple of New York, O’Hare looks forward to a career within the creative side of fashion. This trendy fashion enthusiast has a bright future to come and Dallas has just launched her to do so. 

SMU Class of 2015 Temerlin School of AdvertisingAdvertising Major Graphic Design Minor