Amelia Kramer-Friends Skateboarding And Eating Ice Cream
Amelia Kramer / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

Here’s What to Wear for Mardi Gras and Mardi Gras Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Mardi Gras can be a weird event to dress for. Here are a few ideas on what to wear to the next Fat Tuesday party.

Tutu

This is an esy way to make your outfit pop. You can go on amazon, party city or Target to find a tutu. Make sure you pick a funky color to wear!

A hair bow

There are alot of different colors, designs, and glitter bows at any store that you could pick from!

Fanny Pack

This is super convienent if you are going out to party. This will keep all of your personal items close, plus you can find some really cute ones that would make your outfit pop.

Feathers

A feathered boa or feathers in general will bring the New Orleans feel to any party.

Glitter

Add glitter face paint, glitter body paint, or glitter in your hair. Glitter will make you shine like the queen you are plus will be perfectly festive. 

Mardi Gras may have a color theme, but that doesn’t mean you should limit yourself to what you see in the stores. Go crazy and have fun!

Miranda is a Junior at Southern Methodist University studying Economics and Psychology, looking forward to a career working within the federal government. She has lived in multiple differnet cities, including Pittsburgh, PA (home), Austin, TX, and Dallas, TX. She is a loving mother to an adorable French Bulldog named Stella. One way to never have a boring conversation is to talk about politics.