Fun Halloween Costumes for You and Your Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Halloween is finally approaching! If you are like me, you have been planning a costume for ages now, begging your friends to match with you and order their costumes in time. If you are not like me and need help planning some matching costumes for you and your best friend, I am here to help. Best friend costumes are always very on brand for both of y’alls personalities, so hopefully one of these costumes stands out to you! 

Two Ghosts Standing in Front of a Brick Wall
Photo by Karolina Grabowska from Pexels

Serena and Blair

Are you a blonde and brunette duo? Try this costume, which can be full on sass and glamour, or your average private school girl look and channel your inner Gossip Girl. 

Drake and Josh

This throwback costume would be so hilarious! If you grew up watching Nickelodeon, this costume could be for you! It even inspires a great Instagram caption of “hug me brother!”.

Charli and Dixie

These TikTokers are ICONIC. This costume could be so easy and comfortable, just throw on a sports bra and leggings and carry around Dunkin Donuts. It’s also a good last minute costume idea, if needed. 

Bo Peep and Her Sheep

This costume is kinda out there, but its funny and adorable. This really works if you and your bestfriend have different fashion types. It would for sure be one of the best costumes of the night.

Cop and Robber

This is a fun and cliche costume, but I like it because people cna always tell what you are dressed up as. It’s especially fun if you make it a sexier costume. A great costume if you want to pop off on Halloween

Hope these kinda “out there” ideas help you! Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday, and I always love dressing up with my freinds. Costumes just mkae the night more exciting to me. Pop off this Halloween!

Her Campus Media

I am a sophomore at Southern Methodist University and I intend to double major in Public Relations and Political Communication with a minor in English. I am our chapter's Her Campus President and am so happy to be in a leadership role in a field I am passionate about! I am from Dallas, Texas and journalism has been a big part of my life all through high school and the years I have spent so far in college.
We are the SMU Team.