This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Who else is excited for the weather to start cooling down?! The Her Campus staff is so excited for fall, because it means sweaters, puffy vests, boots and autumn festivities. We put together three Boulevarding/Tailgating outfits that will help you transition while the weather starts to cool off.

• Outfit 1– For when the weather is still hot as heck, but you want to embrace fall patterns and colors and still match the season of the year.
    • Pair a plaid dress, like this dress that features SMU colors and flannel material, with some cowboy boots and cute necklace, and enjoy the football!

• Outfit 2– For once the weather starts cooling off, but it still gets hot once the sun comes out or as soon as you’re in a Boulevard tent.
    • Pair a skirt with a sweater, and add a vest for an extra layering option. Pair it with brown boots for an added fall color.
  • Outfit 3– Fo when it officially feels like fall in Texas and you are actually freezing from being outside all day, but supporting the Mustangs is totally worth it
    • Pair a red and blue plaid flannel with some fun jewelry, jeans and some cowgirl boots. You can never go wrong with red boots!

Enjoy the Boulevards and cheer on the Stangs to help keep our winning streak alive!

To shop the looks seen above, check out:

Boot Barn (boots)

Madewell (Flannel)

Nordstrom (Jeans)

Hollister (Jean Skirt)

Nordstrom Rack (Sweater, Vest, and Dress)

All photos by Abby Coon

Karna is a Junior at Southern Methodist University studying Public Relations, Advertising, and English. She is the Social Media Director for Her Campus SMU, as well as a member of STUMO and Alpha Chi Omega. She is from Orange County, California and loves going to the beach and spending time with her younger sisters when visiting home. When she is not studying, Karna is usually exploring Dallas, listening to country music, or updating her blog, Simply Karna.
My name is Abby Coon. I am a current Junior double majoring in Creative Advertising and BA in Art with a minor in photography. I speak sign language and have a small dog named Enzo. If you would like to see more of my photography go to www.abbyecoon.com
We are the SMU Team.