This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Staying in Dallas for Easter? Bummed about not going home for the long weekend?  Do not fear! Dallas has plenty of fun festivities to offer to help you celebrate the holiday. Fingers-crossed the weather will stay as beautiful as it has been so you can enjoy the outdoors!

1. Hit the Katy Trail! Maybe grab some friends and do a nice morning walk.  Stop off at Breadwinners, Company Café, or any restaurant along the way for a yummy Easter brunch!

2. Dallas Blooms! – The festival of spring flowers at the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden.  Stroll around the beautiful, 66-acre garden and admire the bright, beautiful flowers.  On Sunday April 8th there will be an Easter egg hunt!

3. Dallas Farmers Market – Go explore the farmer’s market!  Sample the freshest fruit and vegetables from local farmers.  Also check out the cool antique furniture shops and more!

4. Robert E. Lee Park – Join in on some great food and entertainment!  Don’t miss out on the Pooch Parade, Food, Beverage & Vendor Tents, and The All New Live BandStage featuring Dallas’ Best Local Bands and Celebrity Guests. 

5. White Rock Lake – Get some fresh air and go for a bike ride, run, or walk along the lake!

6. Throw your own little Easter party with egg decorating, eating chocolate bunnies, basket filling and more! Check Pinterest for fun Easter arts and crafts ideas and creative baked goods!

If you are looking for Church Services to attend, Highland Park United Methodist Church offers a sunrise service at 6:45 a.m. as well as later services and communion running from 8-11 a.m.  You can also join the SMU Catholic Campus Ministry in Perkins Chapel for a 9 a.m. or 5p.m. Easter Sunday Service.  They will also be holding an Easter Vigil Saturday the 7th at 8 p.m.

Caroline Wright, a double major in Business Marketing and Communication Studies at Southern Methodist University, is thrilled to be part of the Her Campus Team. Although a St. Louis native, she has enjoyed becoming a true Texan in spirit over the past two years! She has been employed by a variety of companies including Kate Spade New York, NBC Universal Pictures, Brynn Bagot Public Relations, Rent the Runway, and Nordstrom. Caroline is currently Social Chair for her sorority Kappa Alpha Theta as well as serves on the Board of SMU's Student Foundation.