This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Get your turkeys basted and your cranberries sauced because it’s November, baby! Time flies when you are having fun, as they say. This month is filled with anticipated blockbusters and sequels. All these films will have you rejoicing the fact that it’s almost the end of the year and get you straight to the box office. Personally, I’m excited for the much awaited sequel to “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” and the new twist on “Robin Hood”. Grab your popcorn or pumpkin pie and get ready for this star-studded line up.

November 2

“Bohemian Rhapsody” (Drama, Biography) Starring: Rami Malek

A celebration of the infamous band, Queen, and their legendary lead singer Freddie Mercury. Showing the origins of the band, this film showcases why this band will live on in infamy.

“The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” (Fantasy, Family) Starring: Mackenzie Foy and Keira Knightly

When gifted a golden thread by her godfather, Clara is transported into a strange and fantastical world. Clara must brave the unknown and battle evil in order to return peace to the four realms.

“Boy Erased” (Drama, LGBT) Starring: Joel Edgerton and Russell Crowe

This film tells the heartbreaking story of a boy named Jared and his experience with a gay conversion therapy program. He must choose whether to lose himself or his family, friends and church.

“Nobody’s Fool” (Drama, Comedy) Starring: Tiffany Haddish

Wild child Tanya must collide with her straight-laced sister in order to get back on track. Chaos and hilarity ensue when Tanya realizes that Danica’s perfect life isn’t all it seems.

November 6

“Bel Canto” (Drama) Starring: Julianne Moore and Ken Watanabe

While a famous soprano singer is singing during a South American politician’s party, a guerilla group infiltrates the villa and takes everyone hostage.

November 9

“The Grinch” (Family, Holiday) Starring: Benedict Cumberbatch and Rashida Jones

Benedict Cumberbatch voices the grumpy Grinch in this new telling of the classic tale of Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

“The Girl in the Spider’s Web” (Action, Thriller) Starring: Claire Foy and Sylvia Hoeks

Superhacker Lisbeth Salander and investigative journalist Mikael Blomkvist find themselves in the midst of a spider’s web filled with spies, cybercriminals and corrupt goverments.

“Overlord” (Action, Supernatural) Starring: Jovan Adepo and Wyatt Russell

During WWII on the eve of D-Day, a group of American paratroopers infiltrates enemy lines to carry out a crucial mission but when they get to the Nazi-occupied village they realize there is more going on than expected. 

November 13

“The New Romantic” (Comedy, Romance) Starring: Camila Mendes and Jessica Barden

Done with stupid boys her own age, a college senior gives up finding love to date an older man in exchange for presents.

November 16

“Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” (Adventure, Fantasy) Starring: Eddie Redmayne and Jude Law

In an effort to stop Grindelwald’s plan of having pure-blood wizards rule over nonmagical beings, Albus Dumbledore recruits the help of Newt Scamander.

“Widows” (Thriller, Heist) Starring: Viola Davis and Daniel Kaluuya

Set in modern-day Chicago, four women with nothing in common except for a debt left behind by their dead husbands, conspire to create their own future.

“Welcome Home” (Thriller) Starring: Aaron Paul and Emily Ratajkowski

Trying to repair their strained relationship, one couple spends a weekend at a rental home but soon become victims to the homeowner’s evil plans.

“Instant Family” (Comedy, Family) Starring: Mark Wahlberg and Isabela Moner

In hopes to start a family, Pete and Ellie stumble into the world of foster care where they encounter three siblings who come as a package deal.

“Green Book” (Drama) Starring: Viggo Mortensen and Linda Cardellini

When two unlikely people are thrown together, they must join together to battle racism and humanity in order to survive.

“At Eternity’s Gate” (Drama) Starring: Willem Dafoe and Mads Mikkelsen

Inside the mind and letters of the infamous artist, Vincent van Gogh.

“A Private War” (Biography, Drama) Starring: Jamie Dornan and Rosamund Pike

Marie Colvin is one of the most celebrated journalists and war correspondents. Along with Paul Conroy, the two embark on their most dangerous assignment in the Syrian city of Homs.

“The Clovehitch Killer” (Thriller) Starring: Dylan McDermott and Charlie Plummer

Tyler fears his father might be Clovehitch, a serial killer that was never caught. He teams up with Kassi to figure out the truth.

November 18

“The Possession of Hannah Grace” (Thriller, Horror) Starring: Shay Mitchell and Stana Katic

Locked inside a morgue with a disfigured cadaver, Megan Reed begins to experience things that can only be explained as demonic.

November 21

“Robin Hood” (Drama, Action) Starring: Taron Egerton and Jamie Foxx

A retelling of the classic story of Robin of Loxley and his merry men.

“Creed II” (Action, Sports) Starring: Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone

When confronted with the biggest challenge of his life, Adonis Creed must recognize what matters the most, revenge or family.

“Ralph Breaks the Internet” (Comedy, Family) Starring: John C. Reilly and Sarah Silverman

Ralph and Vanellope must risk everything and go on an adventure of a lifetime to save Vanellope’s video game.

“The Front Runner” (Drama, Politics) Starring: Vera Farmiga, Hugh Jackman and Courtney Ford

When Senator Gary Hart becomes the front runner for the Democratic presidential nomination, a scandal of an extramarital affair threatens to destroy everything he’s built.

November 27

“The Little Stranger” (Drama) Starring: Domhnall Gleeson and Ruth Wilson

Dr. Faraday is called to treat a patient from the Ayres family. The family is being haunted by something much darker than he is qualified to treat.

Tori is a Junior and Film and Media Arts major with a Graphics Design minor at Southern Methodist University. She enjoys writing about films and current trends in the cinematic industry as well as in the general media. She is a member of the Alpha Xi chapter of Gamma Phi Beta. She has two dogs (Hunter and Hugo) and lives in Connecticut
We are the SMU Team.