This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

So you might have seen the display around Sephora advertising some of the new color correcting products on the market, and thought “Wow, this looks crazy/terrifying/complicated,” and beleived me I understand. The beauty industry has stepped up their color correcting game, branching away from the normal peach and green toned concealers and bringing makeup pro products to the everyday market. 

Color correcting is a magical thing when done correctly with the best products, but it can also go wrong pretty easily. Make sure that you are applying your color corrector under a concealer or foundation. Also, a little goes a long way, so start with a small amount of product and blend it out as you go. You also want to use color correctors with a thinner consistency, since they’ll be easier to blend. You will also want to use color correctors that are more pastel (lilac instead of purple, soft mint instead of green) The Yves Saint Laurent color correctors are the perfect color and consistency.

So what does each color do?

Purple is used to brighten dull skin or fair skin. Green cancels out redness. Yellow hides blueish purple under eye circles or veins. Peach will cancel out dark under eye circles and sun spots. Red can be used to highlight on deeper skin tones.
Hi! I'm the beauty crazed one here at Her Campus SMU. But I also love food, coffee, shopping, traveling, laughing, and of course, writing. You can also find me rambling on about cosmetics and my dogs on my Youtube channel!
We are the SMU Team.