This App is Government Made Easy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Countable is an app that was founded in 2013 by Bart Myers and Peter Arzhintar with the goal of making government more accessible to millenials. Whether you feel like your voice wasn’t heard this election season or you’re excited about government again, this app makes it easy to stay up to date on the haps in Congress. 

The Home Page

When you first open your fun new government tool, you’ll see articles on hot topics happening around the world as they pertain to the US. “Fidel Castro’s Death: What Does It Mean for the U.S. Cuba Relations?” and “More Trump Cabinet Nominations” are just a few on the app right now. You’ll also see articles asking “Should the US Veto/Pass XYZ,” and a little side note letting you know if Congress has passed or vetoed the bill. The home page is also where you’ll find the weekly article that tells you what Congress is voting on throughout the week.  Your Profile

On Countable, you can also give your opinion and vote on the issues Congress is voting on right now. Your profile page will show all of the issues you “follow” and the issues you’ve voted on or commented on. Like other forms of social media, you can follow other users or politicians and you can develop a following.

Miscellanious Page

Contrary to what you may think, the miscellanious page is where all the fun happens. When you register for the app, you’ll put in your zip code so that they app can keep you up to date with what your representatives are doing. You can tap on the name of your congressional district’s Rep and see exactly what he or she does.  The app with send you push notifications whenever one of your representative votes, whenever Congress is voting in general, or whenever they pass a bill.  Countable is an easy, effective way to stay up to date on everything that’s going on in the government, and can keep your representatives a-ccountable. (Haha get it.)

All images courtesy of Countable 

SaveSave

Hi! I'm the beauty crazed one here at Her Campus SMU. But I also love food, coffee, shopping, traveling, laughing, and of course, writing. You can also find me rambling on about cosmetics and my dogs on my Youtube channel!
We are the SMU Team.