9 Accessory Trends To Try for Spring/Summer 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

The devil is in the details. If you’re like me, you understand that accessories are the most important part of any outfit. I can put on jeans and a white v-neck, but if I have a statement necklace or earrings, the outfit can go from bland to amazing. I’ve explored numerous accessory trends for spring, and these are my top ten favorites.

1. Upper arm bracelets stole the runway in shows like Carolina Herrera, Fenty X Puma, Maison Margiela and Proenza Schouler.

2. Tassels. Maybe I love this trend because I’m obsessed with the YSL tassel satchel. Regardless, Karen Walker and Stella Jean proved tassels will be all the rage this spring/summer.

3. Wrap belts—these wide belts tie around the waist and prove to flatter every body type. Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini shows how to work this trend.

4. Chokers. I think I will forever be a fan of the choker trend, especially the chokers that Christian Dior and Damir Doma featured on the runway.

5. Ear cuffs! This bold accessory adds personality to every outfit. Rodarte and Maison Margiela showed us the biggest, boldest ear cuffs.

6. Crosses were also spotted in a few designers collections on the runway-specifically Fausto Puglisi and Dolce & Gabbana.

7. TONS of rings. Gucci and Hermès loaded their models up with lots of little rings, proving accessories are everything.

8. Gloves. Chanel and Balenciaga showed us that gloves can be an accessory no matter the weather. 

9. Last but definitely not least, Hermès and Givenchy had their models rock some awesome, also a bit bizarre, big pendants around their necks. 

We are the SMU Team.