The FDA has only updated regulation laws about skin care products once in the last 76 years according to FDA.com. They state online that “The law does not require cosmetic products and ingredients, other than color additives, to have FDA approval before they go on the market“. With this in mind, we must educate ourselves and work to keep our skin a safe surface. Luckily, companies are making their own regulations and removing chemicals from their products that are banned abroad.
Beauty Counter is a skincare/makeup line that has created the Never List, which includes 1,500 ingredients they believe are harmful to our body. Plus, 1,400 of these ingredients are banned in the UK! They promise their customers that their products are free from these 1,500 ingredients, and advise consumers to use their Never List when shopping for other brands as well.
It is not easy to find safe products in the US, but we provided you with a list of some our favorite products, including some from Beauty Counter, that are safer but still effective.
1. Facewash: Nourishing Cream Cleanser from Beauty Counter
2. Mascara: Volumizing Mascara from Beauty Counter
3. Sunscreen: Protect All Over Sunscreen SPF 30 from Beauty Counter
4. Countermatch Adaptive Moisturizer Lotion from Beauty Counter
5. Face Mask: Cup O Coffee from LUSH (personal favorite mask!)
6. Toner: Eau Roma Water from LUSH